Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does anyone homeschool high school age kids?

Posted by   + Show Post

How does that work?  Do you have tutors?  I am seriously thinking about it with my dd because of her troubles in public schools.  She went to private up until 8th grade.  How does it work with high school age?

by on May. 3, 2013 at 7:26 AM
Replies (21-25):
SusanTheWriter
by Welcome Squad on Aug. 6, 2013 at 10:41 AM

One resource I've found useful is "College Prep Homeschooling" by David and Chandra Byers. I learned a lot from how they plan and record the high school years to get their kids ready for college. I recently had to write a transcript for DD to use for registration at the local community college, and their book was very helpful.

motheroffour186
by Helping Hands on Aug. 6, 2013 at 11:52 AM
I went to the book store and asked a whole lot of questions. Then I went to the library and asked a whole lot of questions.
paganbaby
by Welcome Squad on Aug. 6, 2013 at 12:07 PM

Bump!

MarcellaFL
by Welcome Squad on Sep. 6, 2013 at 4:52 PM

My high schooler is home taking online college course for dual enrollment. Is there a program like that in your area?

diospira
by Welcome Squad on Sep. 6, 2013 at 5:33 PM

I have a 15-year-old who is home-schooling.

She takes music classes, orchestra and martial arts locally.

Lately she has been taking university classes on Coursera.org. She loves Coursera and they have lots of variety, from Beginning Guitar to Social Psychology. The classes are free.

I second the recommendation for the Teenage Liberation Handbook. That's her "bible".

Be Yourself Everyone Else Is Taken

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)