Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

College admissions, What did your HS need?

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 4:08 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 552 Total Views

What did your child need to attend the college of their choice? Did they face any problems because they were home-schooled?

Im told most just need your SAT or ACT, and a transcript. Was this true in your case?

by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 4:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Homschmomof1
by Welcome Squad on Apr. 28, 2014 at 12:46 PM
1 mom liked this

My dd plans to start dual enrollment at a local junior college that will transfer credits to her college of choice, Georgia Regents University.  She needs her SAT or ACT scores and a transcript that includes a list of books used and read. She also has to submit a writing sample. Hope that helps.

DyslexiaParent
by Welcome Squad on Apr. 29, 2014 at 8:30 AM
1 mom liked this

That's exactly what we sent.. ACT scores, a homeschool high school transcript, and the college application.  That's all we needed for every college my boys applied to and they were accepted at every college they applied to.  MOST colleges are a lot more open to homeschoolers these days.  SOME still have hoops, want portfolios and all kinds of other documentation, but the colleges we dealt with were very easy and straight forward.

Both of my guys did take dual enrollment courses too.. Admissions for that was easy too, requiring the same things (ACT scores, application, and transcript). 

YzmaRocks
by Welcome Squad on Apr. 29, 2014 at 9:07 AM
1 mom liked this
I am a homeschool graduate and that is all I needed.
peachwine
by Welcome Squad on Jul. 7, 2014 at 6:05 PM

Thanks so much for the replies. pot_of_flowers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)