Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Magic School Bus ... thoughts?

Posted by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 10:35 PM
  • 24 Replies
  • 659 Total Views

I remember watching The Magic School Bus as a kid. I recently found all of the episodes on Netflix. I know that there are mixed feelings on television and I do not plan on using television as a major part of HS when we start, but I was wondering if anyone has used TMSB as a learning tool for specific subjects or units?

teal ribbon ~Fragile X Awareness~       family car

by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 10:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kmath
by Welcome Squad on Jun. 16, 2013 at 11:28 PM

They have kits to go along with that series.  I think they are great and plan to use some of them for science.

maggiemom2000
by Helping Hands on Jun. 17, 2013 at 12:07 AM

We actually have lots of the DVDs. My kids love them! I think they are a great resource to compliment science curriculum.

oahoah
by Helping Hands on Jun. 17, 2013 at 12:41 AM

We read the books & my boys (especially my oldest who is almost 9) love them. I just started getting their monthly science kit for him and that has been fun too. We will occasionally rent a movie from the library but mostly just enjoy the books.

debramommyof4
by Helping Hands on Jun. 17, 2013 at 12:56 AM

We own the dvd set.  I am going to have the kids watch an episode once a month and then we will study the subject that the episode covers in depth for that month.

Lynette
by Helping Hands on Jun. 17, 2013 at 12:58 AM

Love, love, love!  I am not big on tv either but I make an exception for Magic School Bus.  We own the DVD set.

Jinx-Troublex3
by Helping Hands on Jun. 17, 2013 at 1:24 AM
I have heard great things about Magic School bus but have no experience with them.

All I can say is, if it helps your child learn, then do it!
vintage-misha
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 4:22 AM

Where can I look at the kits to go with?

Quoting kmath:

They have kits to go along with that series.  I think they are great and plan to use some of them for science.

kmath
by Welcome Squad on Jun. 17, 2013 at 8:42 AM

I use Rainbow Resource for most of my stuff.  They have good prices.

Quoting vintage-misha:

Where can I look at the kits to go with?

Quoting kmath:

caribear77
by Helping Hands on Jun. 17, 2013 at 11:33 AM
I think they are great! We just watched 2 episodes on Friday on Netflix but i think they had a few episodes available. My 7 yr old loved it.
Mommy2Phenley
by Anne on Jun. 17, 2013 at 4:15 PM
We just subscribed to the magic school bus club through homeschool buyers co op. so starting in July we'll get a new science kit in the mail each month. We check out the videos from the library. We love MSB!

I'm not a big fan of the books as read alouds, though. They're fine on their own, but they're too busy to read aloud.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)