Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

want to homeschool my first grader but i have no idea where to start

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 8:30 AM
  • 3 Replies
  • 264 Total Views
Ok my son went to kindergarden last year an will be in first this year. We live in NC but might be moving to GA in the middle of the school year. I have no idea where to start or how I have to contact the school system or what to register him as homeschooled. An where to find first grade curriculum an when I can start his school year. Thank u for any information, this year is going to be busy I'm due w my second son in august an possibly getting married an moving to GA later in the year. I can't wait to get all this together so I can feel more organized :)
by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 8:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
kmath
by Welcome Squad on Jul. 8, 2013 at 9:42 AM
1 mom liked this

First you need to look up the laws in your state, I would also look up the laws in the state you are planning on moving too so you are prepared.  That way if the new state has more requirements you can make sure you have them even before you move. 

As for curriculum, it depends on what you want to teach, there are tons of great programs out there.  Some are all in one, some you piece together.   Are you looking for an all in one? 

us.mex.fam.of4
by Welcome Squad on Jul. 9, 2013 at 7:32 AM

Thank u! Yes I think an all in one would be best for this first year :)

Quoting kmath:

First you need to look up the laws in your state, I would also look up the laws in the state you are planning on moving too so you are prepared.  That way if the new state has more requirements you can make sure you have them even before you move. 

As for curriculum, it depends on what you want to teach, there are tons of great programs out there.  Some are all in one, some you piece together.   Are you looking for an all in one? 

kmath
by Welcome Squad on Jul. 9, 2013 at 10:05 AM

Check out time4learning.  A lot of people have recommended it.  I am not using an all in one so I don't have any experience with them. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)