Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

First Grade

Posted by on Aug. 24, 2013 at 12:25 PM
  • 21 Replies
  • 680 Total Views

Anyone homeschooling First Grade this year?

What are you using?

by on Aug. 24, 2013 at 12:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
debramommyof4
by Helping Hands on Aug. 24, 2013 at 7:47 PM

My dd6 is in CAVA k12 this year but for history and science we are adding in the Magic School Bus and Magic Tree House.

mom2Bellarose
by Welcome Squad on Aug. 24, 2013 at 9:51 PM

Right now we are using easypeasy allinonehomeschool.com until our curriculum arrives. We will be using Abeka.

Mommyfish831
by on Aug. 25, 2013 at 6:39 AM

McGuffey readers and rays arithmetic.  We have some fun science experiment books we will use. The rest will be library, museums, planetarium, art studios/galleries around town and just fun ways to of learning.  

chillemi78
by Welcome Squad on Aug. 25, 2013 at 6:44 AM
We are. We are using Time4Learning.
MarcellaFL
by Welcome Squad on Aug. 25, 2013 at 8:14 AM

Hey! I answered on another forum. I am using Calvert School's complete curriculum with Singapore Math.

arkansasmama08
by Welcome Squad on Aug. 25, 2013 at 10:20 AM
I've got one in first and one in K. We're going to be using My Fathers World.
twyliatepeka
by Twylia on Aug. 25, 2013 at 11:00 PM

We are doing first grade :)

We are working on math, science, reading & spelling, oh & social studies. I don't use a set or box curriculum. I find things she is interested in & work from there printing worksheets or pulling from workbooks. She has a binder with some worksheets in page protectors (dry erase) that she does for calendar/ days in school and the worksheetsse has to do for that day. We have a big bulletin board with the calendar and weather & all on it . She so has educational apps she plays on the kindle and does readingeggs for reading.

us.mex.fam.of4
by Welcome Squad on Oct. 1, 2013 at 7:45 PM
I'm using time4learning supplementing with easy peasy allinonehomeschool, the magic school bus, we got a Spanish workbook for his age at Barnes an noble, and he writes in a journal and illustrates it every day.
aneela
by Neely on Oct. 1, 2013 at 10:03 PM

thank you ladies...I'm gonna go thru tomorrow and look at some of those you are using!

JasonsMom2007
by Helping Hands on Oct. 1, 2013 at 10:07 PM
Oh boy it's a list because I don't use a box curriculum.
Writing with ease, first language lessons of a well trained mind, math u see, I wing it for history and science, song school Spanish, we have a cursive workbook but I forget the company, children's guitar of some sort, we use all about spelling and spelling city, umm... BBC for typing, chapter books from the library for reading, answers for kids is our bible curriculum...
I think that's it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN