Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What I learned after homeschooling for 13 years!

Posted by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 11:40 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 186 Total Views
2 moms liked this

I have come to the concussion that I don't need to know EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!! And boy was it a hard lesson to learn! If my child wants to go in-depth about something ,that isn't general knowledge or the basics, I can find them someone to teach it to them that specialized in that field.

I was taking all these community college classes about history, sciences, Ligature so I could teach what I learned in class to them on their level when the time was right. And I thought "boy they better know EVERYTHING I know about that subject before they graduate highschool..." scary hu?

Well you see, I wanted to be this super unschooling mother. One when the child asked a question ,I could tell them everything in detail on their level ( after I asked them what they thought the answer was first.... of course!). I mean who can do that anyways? 

by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 11:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
LadyReal
by Welcome Squad on Sep. 20, 2013 at 12:25 AM
1 mom liked this

I really enjoyed your post....Thanks for sharing and to answer you question I have no idea on who can answer all the questions of a child.  Thank goodness we have the technology to find the answers to thing in which we have no answers or knowledge of.

mom2Bellarose
by Welcome Squad on Sep. 20, 2013 at 8:49 PM

Wow, I bet that was a super hard lesson to learn. At least you can say you gave it your all :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)