Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Half homeschooling a public school kid

Posted by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 7:46 AM
  • 5 Replies
  • 249 Total Views

That is the best way I could put it. :) My son is 5, 6 in December. He is in public school and loves it. But we always teach here at home. I always thought he was on track for what he knew but so far he is above what his school is teaching. All that aside, I have been trying to teach him to read. I was doing pretty good but now I feel like I am not doing so great. What did/do you use to help teach you kids to read?

by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 7:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
mosleyclan7
by Welcome Squad on Sep. 25, 2013 at 12:24 PM

I have been using starfall.com. It's free and has a lot of stuff on there. I think to access everything on there it's like 35 bucks a year. It does have alot for free though. Also there is another free one called readingbear.org. I haven't tried it yet though. Good luck.

Jinx-Troublex3
by Helping Hands on Sep. 25, 2013 at 12:40 PM
We only homeschool...I used leapfrog letter factory, and word factory along with All About Spelling and BOB books to teach DD to read.
Bleacheddecay
by Leader on Sep. 25, 2013 at 12:46 PM

I used to have to work with my son after school too. I think if you feel that need it might be time to look into fully homeschooling your child. My son didn't like school though so that was different.

Mandallyn
by Welcome Squad on Nov. 24, 2013 at 9:46 AM
I taught my son letter combination sounds and how to put them together to create words.
Lynette
by Helping Hands on Nov. 24, 2013 at 9:56 AM
They call that afterschooling. Yep, it's a thing!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN