Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

where to get curriculum

Posted by on Feb. 15, 2014 at 10:34 PM
  • 23 Replies
  • 898 Total Views
Hi All,
What are some good curriculum out there? 4th grade. I am hoping to do all free curriculum.
I am thinking I will probably buy some math workbooks and any other workbooks needed.
Thanks a bunch in advance for all your help.
by on Feb. 15, 2014 at 10:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jilectan
by Testing the waters on Feb. 16, 2014 at 1:58 AM
2 moms liked this

Personally, I'd suggest Saxon math 5/4 for fourth grade math. It's not free, but you can get it, an answer book and the workpages fairly cheaply off of Amazon.com. My son is in 4th grade and is doing really well in it.

As for the rest, there's a book you might be able to get from your public library called Homeschool Your Child for Free. It came in handy when I was getting started. If not, you can buy it for $14 on Amazon.

HTH

kensing7
by Welcome Squad on Feb. 16, 2014 at 9:23 AM
1 mom liked this
Quoting Jilectan:

Personally, I'd suggest Saxon math 5/4 for fourth grade math. It's not free, but you can get it, an answer book and the workpages fairly cheaply off of Amazon.com. My son is in 4th grade and is doing really well in it.

As for the rest, there's a book you might be able to get from your public library called Homeschool Your Child for Free. It came in handy when I was getting started. If not, you can buy it for $14 on Amazon.

HTH

Thank you so much!!! I will check my library.
oahoah
by Helping Hands on Feb. 16, 2014 at 11:18 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm really fond of Ruth Beechick's books which offer great, low-cost ways to homeschool. I am a big fan of Charlotte Mason and the website Ambleside Online (http://www.amblesideonline.org/) which has free curriculum and links to great and free online resources.  I have also found a ton of curriculum through my local library, we have a great inter-library loan throughout our state and are fortunate to be able to request anything if it's in their system.  Our personal faves for curriculum are http://www.heartofdakota.com/ and My Father's World.  Another website we have used as supplement is Easy Peasy, there are a lot of math games on there. Good luck!

debramommyof4
by Helping Hands on Feb. 17, 2014 at 9:55 AM
1 mom liked this
Lessonpathways.com is free, so is allinonehomescool.com and they both cover 4th grade.

Allinonehomescool.com is christian curriculum while lessonpathways.com is secular.

kensing7
by Welcome Squad on Feb. 17, 2014 at 10:02 AM

Thanks a bunch everyone!!!

I will take a look at all of these. Excited!

maggiemom2000
by Helping Hands on Feb. 17, 2014 at 2:24 PM
3 moms liked this

We like khan academy for math!

https://www.khanacademy.org

jen2150
by Helping Hands on Feb. 17, 2014 at 2:29 PM
1 mom liked this
Check out the Ron Paul curriculum. Some of the elementary material is free.
kensing7
by Welcome Squad on Feb. 17, 2014 at 7:22 PM
Thank you! I really appreciate all of your resposes!
Is there a website to use for local home school kids gatherings? Or is that just something i will nees to google?
Thank you!
jellybeans5
by on Feb. 17, 2014 at 7:44 PM
1 mom liked this

This is free - http://palomark12.com/

debramommyof4
by Helping Hands on Feb. 17, 2014 at 10:33 PM
1 mom liked this

You would have to google that.  Google homeschool co-op or homeschool playgroups stuff like that.

Quoting kensing7: Thank you! I really appreciate all of your resposes!
Is there a website to use for local home school kids gatherings? Or is that just something i will nees to google?
Thank you!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN