Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do you do at home with your 4year old?

Posted by on Jun. 8, 2017 at 1:15 AM
  • 2 Replies
  • 151 Total Views
Hi there I wanted to know what do you do with your 4year old if any?Besides all the fun stuff,any curriculum?What does your day usually consist of?Schedule?How long does your Homeschool last?My daughter Is turning 4 next month and I want a more structured day for us.I have already started but would like to know what other Moms are doing with their 4year olds.Any recommendations on any curriculum?
by on Jun. 8, 2017 at 1:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
lovingladyo4
by Testing the waters on Mar. 28, 2018 at 7:00 PM

I see this post is from June of last year so you may not be in need of any idea right now. I home schooled my three children beginning at 3. They were reading before kindergarten. We did the same thing every day. repetition. Consistency. learning games. I turned everything into a fun learning game. Kids are like sponges. They gravitate to whatever you suggest. I would love to assist you in any way I can, should you still be in need. 

coala
by Welcome Squad on Mar. 28, 2018 at 7:15 PM

When my DD was a new 4 we let her do the leading with her learning.  She read a lot, she was learning to write and did some baisc math.  Some days were heavier in reading and other heavier in math.  When she was 4 1/2 we started with a  structured curriculum.  The day was roughly 2 1/2 hours.  We added in field trips to the theatre, science center, zoo, etc.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)