Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Reading help for 2nd grader

Posted by on Jun. 23, 2017 at 5:34 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 257 Total Views
I would like to know the best reading curriculum to use for a 2nd grader that only has a kindergarten reading level, please?

She hates reading and refuses to learn with me teaching her. I am trying to find ways that make it fun for her. She has 6 weeks to get caught up or the school will hold her back a year.

Any help will be appreciated.
by on Jun. 23, 2017 at 5:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
LostTheSlipper
by Guidance on Jun. 24, 2017 at 11:26 PM
1 mom liked this

Teach your child to read in 100 Lessons seems to be a popular book.

Make reading fun for her: http://homeschoolingisfun.com/funteachingideas/making-reading-fun/

Does she know phonics? If not, maybe someone here could recommend a good phonics curriculum. I didn't really have to deal with this too much, so it wasn't an issue for us.

bugayfamilyof4
by Welcome Squad on Jun. 25, 2017 at 8:46 AM
1 mom liked this
Maybe read her a book to start something exciting she needs to love books before she will want to read them❤️
pinkiepie2010
by Testing the waters on Jun. 26, 2017 at 10:15 AM
She knows phonics pretty good. She is having trouble putting the sounds together and making a word. She doesn't understand how one letter can make different sounds in words. Such as the letter A has 2 sounds, etc.

I'll look the book up and check or the website. Thank you so much.

Quoting LostTheSlipper:

Teach your child to read in 100 Lessons seems to be a popular book.

Make reading fun for her: http://homeschoolingisfun.com/funteachingideas/making-reading-fun/

Does she know phonics? If not, maybe someone here could recommend a good phonics curriculum. I didn't really have to deal with this too much, so it wasn't an issue for us.

bugayfamilyof4
by Welcome Squad on Jun. 26, 2017 at 8:34 PM
I have the 100 easy lessons you are welcome to it. 😊

Pm me your address I will drop in the post .
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)