Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Looking for a History book that can be used for multiple grade levels in just ONE book....

Posted by   + Show Post

My sister just gave me a science book to use with both my girls next year when We start HS'ing. It's called Considering God's Creation...Anyway it is ONE book That covers EVERYTHING and for multiple grades (suggested for 3rd-7th but can be adjusted for any grade)

So what I'm looking for now is a History book that is similar to this Science book..Can anyone point me towards one? My daughters will be 11 and 8 when we start HS....I just like the idea of ONE book that they both can learn out of.....I have decided to not use a Packaged curriculum (as that would defeat the whole reason i'm taking them out of PS and HS'ing in the first place)

My girls are very Hands on so if anyone could give suggestions on ANY(but my  main focus is on finding something for History) subjects with this learning style it would be very much appreciated...

by on Feb. 17, 2009 at 10:18 AM
Replies (21-21):
fox252000
by on Mar. 12, 2010 at 11:29 AM

If you can avoid history textbooks, avoid them. Look for books about history instead. Get real history as much as possible. It's impossible to find in a textbook. I have discovered tremendous discrepencies between fact and textbook. I tossed the history books intended for children. We use people, museums, library books and other books about history. Just my opinion, though.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)