Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I want to pull my kids BACK out  of PS( we once briefly did HS) but right now we are in financial ruins, we don't own a home, we live pay check to pay check and barely scrape by. I know it does not take $$ to school my kids but.......?

We are a very happy family and blessed in many other ways...what I am worried about is this:

1. How can I take my kids on field trips

2. How can I get them involved in sports, music,.....whatever there interests are, on no extra $$

They don't do any of that now, but at least they have some form of it at PS. I am very torn.

I KNOW HS IS THE RIGHT THING FOR US, I just don't know as a mother if I would be benefiting my kids  without  the extracurricular things?

We live in a town that is very well off.....pretty much everyone does something. This aslo is a stress on my kids as they have felt very allianated at times. They already say they hate being the "apartment kids" should I really make them the "HOMESCHOOLED APARTMENT KIDS?

Any advice...anyone else out there with me?

-LIVIN' ON LOVE

by on Feb. 27, 2009 at 4:08 PM
Replies (31-32):
shis_mama
by Testing the waters on Nov. 26, 2012 at 1:15 PM

my kids will be the homeschooled apartment kids next year. I do not think it matters whether you live in an apartment or house, you do what feels right for your family. Good luck!

SnailGal
by Welcome Squad on Nov. 26, 2012 at 5:19 PM

Well my family is very poor but we get by. We just don't spend much on hs. They can still be in activities like sports or band at most public schools if they're homeschooled.

Also we are the weird homeschool VEGETARIAN family. You know how weird it is to nearly everyone that we do both of those lol?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)