Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Lapbooking sites.....

Posted by on Mar. 26, 2009 at 10:40 PM
  • 10 Replies
  • 2818 Total Views
1 mom liked this
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nzjo
by Welcome Squad on Mar. 27, 2009 at 2:29 PM

www.lapbooking.wordpress.com - Lapbooking 101 has pages of links for various topics and how-to do lapbooking - folds, booklets, etc

2ndtimearound
by Cindy on Mar. 27, 2009 at 7:39 PM

Oh I LOVE the HOAC website!  As well as the Lapbooking Lessons!  One more I do like is www.currclick.com.  It has a large number of resources...all downloadable....more than just lapbooking, and mostly great pricing!  If you keep your eyes open, they have freebies all the time! I have download quite a few freebies from there.  If I think of any more, will come back and post!

happy st. patricks day     in love  kite  toddler boy

Looking for Cheap Homeschool Books/Supplies?
Come check out my stuff on Ebay!  I am just getting started, so bear with me as I add more.  Items as low as $1.00.  Shipping as low as $1.75 + $0.30 for each additional book purchased!!

goldenraysofsun
by on Mar. 27, 2009 at 9:29 PM

Quoting 2ndtimearound:

Oh I LOVE the HOAC website!  As well as the Lapbooking Lessons!  One more I do like is http://www.currclick.com/.  It has a large number of resources...all downloadable....more than just lapbooking, and mostly great pricing!  If you keep your eyes open, they have freebies all the time! I have download quite a few freebies from there.  If I think of any more, will come back and post!

Currclick is awesome! =)

Choosy
by Welcome Squad on Apr. 26, 2009 at 8:54 PM

Lap Booking Links and Resources:

When I first heard of lap booking, I was very intrigued. I was beginning a study of the Eastern hemisphere through Sonlight, and I wanted to do a more hands on approach versus a standard workbook approach. Being a frugal shopper, I wanted to do as much myself as I could.  I found some wonderful resources to get started:

I highly recommend buying The Ultimate Lap Book Handbook by Tammy Duby, the original creator of Lap Booking. Her book helped me understand how to add extensions to the file folder so that you can add more stuff! You would be surprised how it can grow!
You can find more information on Lap Booking at Tammy’s site: http://www.tobinslab.com

Another great resource is Dinah Zike’s The Big Book of Books and Activities: An Illustrated Guide for Teacher, Parents, and Anyone Who Works With Kids!. Spend a half hour or so learning how to make paper folds (Example: “hotdogs” and “hamburger” folds). This is fun and easy to do and is also recommended by the author of The Ultimate Lap Book Handbook. I bought both books and the DVD she offers on her website because I wanted to see for myself examples of how lapbooking works.

Many companies are catching on to the lapbooking craze and are selling kits, but I recommend that you do it yourself first. If you have the money to spend, though, a kit may help get you started.

The author of this lap booking site has everything you could ever want to know about the subject, as well as a gazillion links that include pre-made lap book kits, a lap book yahoo group, and free printables.

If you need tips for frugal lapbooking, the Homeschooling on a Shoestring website has a Lapbooking on a Shoestring section.

Free Lapbooks, Bible Lapbooks, Christian Character Lessons, and other lap booking projects for Christian homeschoolers are available at the Lapbook Lessons Ning site.

justme00
by Welcome Squad on Dec. 4, 2009 at 12:37 PM

thanks for the links.

yvonneames
by on Dec. 5, 2009 at 11:37 PM

i've grown fond of www.homeschoolshare.com

Vonnie, I'm 23 years old, and a breastfeeding, circumcising, vaccinating, co-sleeping, cloth diapering, homeschooling, spanking when needed, wife to Justin 01/25/05, and stay-at-home mommy to Lily Anna 12/26/05, Iris Marie 10/26/07, and Rose Amelie 07/31/09.

oahoah
by Helping Hands on Jan. 17, 2012 at 11:56 PM
jucasey
by Testing the waters on Apr. 5, 2012 at 5:07 PM

The Connected Homeschool has tons of teaching resources, including those for lapbooking.

jessiejean
by Welcome Squad on Sep. 7, 2012 at 9:03 AM

thanks for these, my daughter and I loveee making lapbooks ;)

MaggiNMom
by Testing the waters on May. 7, 2013 at 1:37 PM

i dont think these sites workbad

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN