Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

positive programs for kids online?

Posted by on Apr. 2, 2009 at 10:36 AM
  • 12 Replies
  • 694 Total Views
Hi:
I'm new to mommy blogging. I have a daughter 5 years old who I home school. I'm looking for some positive entertainment online and preferably something that teaches character values. I find many cartoon programs unsuitable and wonder if anyone knows of programs that exist on the web. So far I've only been able to find something by a company called Dream A World. They have a wonderful little series called Young Masters Little Wisdom Adventures. Does anyone know of others?
All suggestions are welcome.
Katie
by on Apr. 2, 2009 at 10:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
zandes
by Helping Hands on Apr. 9, 2009 at 2:16 AM

i have found this site to be one i feel comfortable with.  for her age, i would stick to these four;  word world,  sid the science kid, sesame street, and super why.  depending on your taste, you may want to veer away from some of the others (due to some minor name calling, teasing, or whining). 

http://pbskids.org/

my 2 favorites are word world (can view episodes online) and sid.  i'm picky, too.

also:  http://zula.com/

ncstress
by Helping Hands on Apr. 10, 2009 at 4:15 PM

What about Veggie Tales?

InGinouity
by on Apr. 10, 2009 at 4:26 PM

Yes, I vote for PBS and Veggietales too. Veggietales is Christian based and I don't know if that is an issue for you, but my son and I are not and we love them. The sense of humor and wordplay is priceless.

Mine is ten now and I have been out of it for that age, but I know he used to love Bear in the Big Blue House, you might be able to find that on video.

Some of his favorites were (and some he still watches)

Backyardigans

Wonderpets

Arthur

Dragontales

Curious George

Bob the Builder

Postman Pat

Blue's Clues

Put put

Caillou

Little Bill

Max and Ruby

There were plenty more, but these come to mind

Daisypath Vacation PicDaisypath Vacation Ticker

"They must find it difficult...
Those who have taken authority as the truth,
rather than truth as the authority."
-Gerald Massey

proudmomof2452
by Welcome Squad on Jul. 27, 2010 at 4:26 PM

If you want educational games for your child i would suggest spellingcity.com and brainpop.com

debramommyof4
by Helping Hands on Nov. 20, 2010 at 5:42 PM

Have you tried zoodles.  If you pay like 6 dollars a month to be able to say what games and activities your daughter can play, but I dont pay for it and have watched my daughter and it doesnt put anything on it that is unacceptable. I love it because they get to use the internet without me having to worry about what they may click on.

Aley51102
by Testing the waters on Oct. 26, 2011 at 9:37 AM

i dunno about yoru daughters age since mine isnt there yet but we love starfall.com

JulieBrown
by Helping Hands on Oct. 26, 2011 at 10:47 AM

Animal Jam is a game done by National Geographic Kids.  There is a free version, but if you pay you get some fun stuff. 

blessings2all
by Welcome Squad on Oct. 26, 2011 at 12:44 PM

There used to be a PBS series called Adventures from the Book of Virtues that was really great.  You might be able to get it on Amazon or eBay.

Susan

lilmisscee1974
by Testing the waters on Oct. 26, 2011 at 6:50 PM

Abcmouse.com

mrsblackstone
by Testing the waters on Oct. 27, 2011 at 12:10 PM

We use softschool.com. It's for pre-k and up , it offers tons of stuff such as regular curriculum , games and printable dittos and it is free. My fifth grader loves it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)