• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sonlight Curriculum/ Any Homeschoolers in Texas

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 4:47 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 218 Total Views

Has anyone here tried the sonlight curriculum, I found it online and had recived their catalog and seem pretty nice.

I would like to know any homeschooler mom here in Texas, I'm in Fredericksburg an hour and a half from Austin. Just would like more information, my son still 22 months but Iwe will love to get ready with time.

Thanks!

Daniela Mohr, LMT

www.therapeutictouchtx.com

by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 4:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
bren_darlene
by Hall Monitor Bren on Jun. 10, 2009 at 11:59 AM

If I were starting over I would go with Sonlight. I have homeschooled for 16 years and already have everything I need. Just couldn't justify buying all new. I do use their catalog as a reference for great books though. I use literature as a base for much of our studies :)

Lovemykids902
by Welcome Squad on Jun. 10, 2009 at 2:15 PM

Hi from LoveMyKIds902.  My name is Anne Scott, I currently homeschool 4 children and live in Hamilton, Texas.  I'm looking forward to getting to know you better. LoveMyKids902

Reebekah
by Welcome Squad on Jun. 10, 2009 at 6:45 PM

my kids are 3.5, 19 months, and I have another on the way.....I'm like you, preparing early......researching my laws, picking a curriculum, etc.  i plan on going with sonlight too.....i know of people who love it.....and literature is a good choice for my family, who loves to read.  be sure to check out the sonlight forums....there are a few that are public.

Nanny_Mohr
by Testing the waters on Jun. 11, 2009 at 8:45 AM

Thanx!... I really like the sonlight, it seems it will be an easy  way to start. i will check into the forum.

cedailey
by on Jun. 15, 2009 at 10:35 PM

I'm in Bastrop Texas.  I have 5,4, and 1 year olds, So we are officially beginning this year.  I started researching when my oldest was two.  Can't help with Sonlight though.  It never appealed to me as an option.

Elizabeth

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)