Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you make your own calendar or do you follow one?

Posted by on Aug. 22, 2009 at 5:34 PM
  • 17 Replies
  • 1106 Total Views

I make up my own calendar for school.  Our group provides a calendar, but they are great about not having you stick to theirs.  It follows a traditional school calendar.  I like to be able to come and go as we please.

by on Aug. 22, 2009 at 5:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Tiredmom53
by on Aug. 22, 2009 at 9:25 PM

I follow the traditional school calendar, I am very active in Boy Scouts, and the majority boys are ps so I set our hs with ps to we are off the same time the other boys are.

Visit my Gallery   From the Past Studio

ncpofolksm. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr

cocoroyale
by Helping Hands on Aug. 23, 2009 at 8:43 AM

We have our own. If they are working good and are ahead of the pace I think they should be, we may take a day off. When ps has off for Christmas, there may be a day in there that we are at school. Not the day of but in those two weeks. Ps around here has a lot of half days in the beg. and  ending of the school years. We  have them too. Just not on the same days all the time.

mrsmtb
by Testing the waters on Aug. 29, 2009 at 10:41 PM

She is in Girl Scouts, but her leader homeschools and doesn't always follow a traditional school schedule except for Christmas break and spring break.  It's great.

kidslaughter3
by Welcome Squad on Feb. 21, 2010 at 11:19 AM

we don't follow any calendar.  we homeschool all year.  if we need a day of we just take it.  it is easier to do science in the summer. 

justme00
by Welcome Squad on Feb. 27, 2010 at 12:52 AM

we have our own becuase we school year round. Its works very good for us.

writeon
by on Mar. 17, 2010 at 12:46 PM

We follow school calendar but take a lot of "field trips"

wife2ali
by on Sep. 26, 2010 at 5:04 PM

Our school week is Saudi week.  Our weekends are Thursday and Friday and we're in school Saturday-Wednesday.  We get a week off for Eid Al Fitr (Feast of Breaking Fast) and a week off for Eid Al Adha (commemorates the time when Prophet Ibrahim (Alayhi Salaam) was told to sacrifice Prophet Ishamel (Alayhi Salaam) to Allah (SWT) and is after Hajj (our pilrimage to Makkah, Saudi Arabia). 

Danielle163
by on Feb. 25, 2011 at 2:05 PM

I do make our own, but we follow (to a certain degree) the PS calendar due to the fact that DD is an only child and there are not alot of HS kids around here.

Christine0813
by on Feb. 25, 2011 at 4:41 PM

Since we will still have one going to private school, we will follow his school calendar.

jen2150
by Helping Hands on Feb. 25, 2011 at 5:01 PM

Same here.  Science in the spring and summer is so much fun.  We study life sciences then.  The rest of the year right now is Chemistry.  We usually take a day when we need it.  I usually take a whole month off when spring hits though.

Quoting kidslaughter3:

we don't follow any calendar.  we homeschool all year.  if we need a day of we just take it.  it is easier to do science in the summer. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN