Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is it very hard?

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2008 at 8:07 AM
  • 1 Replies
  • 202 Total Views

I am wondering what is involved with breeding yorkies (besides the obvious!! lol).  Is it very expensive?  Time consuming?  Stressful?

by on Aug. 28, 2008 at 8:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
mom2yorkies
by Group Owner on Aug. 28, 2008 at 2:56 PM

Quoting momme2sweeties:

I am wondering what is involved with breeding yorkies (besides the obvious!! lol).  Is it very expensive?  Time consuming?  Stressful?

Well you need to give your fur babies the best care so that you have very quality puppies.  The first is to find a good vet that you can trust.  One that will be there when the furbabies are in trouble.  Next have a buddy system, a group of friends that you can call anytime no matter the time or day that will come and help you with the birthing. 

With yorkies you have to groom them daily (when they are in full coat).  I keep mine shaved in the summer, to keep them cool.  You want to check them out daily to make sure that if they are in heat you get day one.  No surprises of puppies that are not planned.

Having puppies is like have babies there is alway stress that something might go wrong.  You just prepare yourself for anything.

The expenses are in c-section, (if one is needed) normal care of your dog, food, treats, but I get the love of these furbabies and it makes everyting worth it.

I hope this has answered some of your questions.  Let me know if you need more information.

Deanna's Darling Yorkies

www.deanna-yorkiebabies.com

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)