Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

teething and feeding tubes

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 4:47 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 225 Total Views

My son has  a feeding tube for almost 2 years. he had a traumatic brain injury at 2 mths of age and cannot eat. His sole nutrition is from the tube. He only has 2 teeth and his gums are thick from not eating or biting done. It seems as if there is a delay with his other teeth coming in.

did anynone ever have this experience?

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 4:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
jennieschill
by on Apr. 9, 2009 at 9:55 AM

You should definatley bring him to the dentist to have him looked at & go form there/

asiamommi
by on Apr. 9, 2009 at 10:41 AM

I agree. Has he been to dentist yet?

border.gif picture by mamasunshyne

kylesmommy2008
by on Apr. 9, 2009 at 10:58 AM

wow.. i was wondering something similar like this for my son he is 9 1/2 mths old and no teethers yet!!! and he doesnt really BITE on stuff...although everything goes to his mouth. hes had the gtube since he was about a mth old....when he was ablet o get out of the hospital and he was a very big and healthy baby too. Also he had a brain injury when he was born!! STUPID HOSPITAL!!!

momtoCPangel
by on Apr. 10, 2009 at 11:09 AM

Our son is 2.5 now and has lots of his teeth in. He has a Gbutton also. However, he didn't have his first teeth come in until he was 1 year old.  I agree with the other poster to make an appt. for your child at a pediatric dentist. 

CarolineT
by on Apr. 11, 2009 at 8:54 AM

My daughter also had a traumatic brain injury (in utero) and left the NICU with a G-tube.  She is 2 1/2 and takes most of her nutrition orally - bottles and purees.  She didn't get her first tooth till she was a year old either but then they all came in really quickly.  She has all of the teeth she's supposed to at her age and her gums look normal to me.  She has her first dentist appointment next month for a cleaning and to check out her severe over-bite.  I think there was some connection with the delay in getting her teeth and the fact that she never teethed on toys or put things in her mouth to gum or suck on.  Now everything goes in her mouth.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)