• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

SAHM

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:10 AM
  • 2 Replies
  • 203 Total Views

I just need to vent a bit and thought this would be the safest place to do it.

I have been working nonstop since I was 15 years old (I'm now 32).  Since my son (19  months old) began with his developmental delays, I have been considering staying at home with him.  Last week, he was officially diagnosed and I realized that without my being home working with him, it will be more difficult for him.  Therferoe, I spoke things over with SO, my son's therapists, and his doctors.  They all agree this is the best decision I can make for my son.  But, I've been getting mixed reactions from others.  Some think I'm crazy thinking that in this economy we can survive on one income.  Some say that I'm so determined and have worked so hard, why am I giving up my good job?  Some tell me that I'm going to go crazy at home and I won't be able to handle it.  It's just frustrating to me, as this was a difficult decision to make for me because I am such an independent woman.  However, I believe my son's health takes priority over my career or my wants.  At any rate, I'm giving my job 2 months notice this Friday (as I have a higher position that takes a bit to fill and I cannot just give 2 weeks).  I just wanted to vent a bit.  Thank you for listening (reading).

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
peasntatersmom
by Leslie on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:34 PM

Hi!  :)

I am glad that you came here to vent.  We are here for you! 

I think that you should follow your heart and not worry about what others are saying or thinking of your decision.  It is obvious that you have given this a lot of thought and that you have the support of your son's therapists, doctors and your SO.  I think that your son's health and development are far more important than anyone's opinion, and besides, you could maybe use a little "break" from working!  Be the SAHM for your lil man right now and I'm betting you will not regret it!  :)

*BIG HUGS* 

boop172
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:35 PM

Thanks so much for your kind words!  It made me feel so much better!  Thank you a million times, thank you!  I needed that.

Quoting peasntatersmom:

Hi!  :)

I am glad that you came here to vent.  We are here for you! 

I think that you should follow your heart and not worry about what others are saying or thinking of your decision.  It is obvious that you have given this a lot of thought and that you have the support of your son's therapists, doctors and your SO.  I think that your son's health and development are far more important than anyone's opinion, and besides, you could maybe use a little "break" from working!  Be the SAHM for your lil man right now and I'm betting you will not regret it!  :)

*BIG HUGS* 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)