Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need Prayers Please

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:38 PM
  • 13 Replies
  • 328 Total Views

We believe Jerry has begun having partial seizures. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simple_partial_seizure

This is devastating news, since he has been seizure-free since March 2007.  These are different from the Infantile Spasms he suffered for the first 3 years of his life.  Those were very difficult to stop, but with thanks to much prayer, a wonderful neuro and his VNS implant they did stop.  He has an appt. scheduled for next Wed. (10/6) morning for an EEG and VNS adjustment.  We are hoping and praying that since his VNS is on a very low setting, that an adjustment will be all it takes to stop these.

Please keep our sweet little Jerry in your thoughts and prayers.  Thanks so much.   

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Stephensmom1214
by Patty on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:24 PM

Oh, no... Leslie, I'll pray that a small adjustment is all that is needed to get Jerry back on track to being seizure free!!  I'm so sorry.

marklorna
by Lorna on Sep. 28, 2010 at 5:36 PM

I'm sending positive thoughts your way.  Hopefully everything will go smoothly.

willysmama
by Valerie on Sep. 28, 2010 at 7:26 PM

saying prayers

Elyssa414
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 7:54 PM

I'm SO SO sorry to hear this!! Seizures are terrible things, and every time they come back is devastating! You are in my thoughts always!! *HUGS*

Mipsy
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:09 PM

Prayers are being said

peasntatersmom
by Leslie on Sep. 29, 2010 at 7:37 AM

Thanks everyone for your prayers and support.  I am hoping that today will be a better day..

sayres
by on Sep. 29, 2010 at 6:01 PM

Leslie, I am SO sorry!!  I will keep praying for Jerry and your family.  I hope today went better.

peasntatersmom
by Leslie on Sep. 30, 2010 at 8:41 AM

Took him up for VNS adjustment yesterday; he had at least 8 seizures all day.  Doesn't look like things are getting better.  He had one as soon as he got up this morning.  His neuro wrote him a prescription for a soft helmet and said we may have to start medication for a *short* time, but I know how short can turn into long term.  I am so afraid that we are going to lose our sweet lil man in a fog of seizures and medications.  I just don't want to go back to that; I don't want him to lose everything he has worked so hard to learn.. 

He is being measured for the helmet today.  :(  I am heartbroken.

*Please keep praying!*

Thanks and *HUGS* from Us

k_mommyto3
by on Sep. 30, 2010 at 10:47 PM

Oh no, I am so sorry to hear that.  Many P&PTs coming your way that they can get this under control quickly!

willysmama
by Valerie on Oct. 1, 2010 at 5:02 PM

I am sorry to hear that. still saying prayers for him

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)