Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

last year he could barely talk, now hes learning time and sounding out words! UPDATE ON DIAPERLESS NIGHT

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:02 PM
  • 9 Replies
  • 266 Total Views

UPDATE: aiden was awake until almost 11pm last night. he kept crying and telling DH (who had just gotten home from his grandmothers wake, but thats a whole other story!) and DH distracted him with some books but he kept asking for a diaper until he fell asleep. i went to sleep because i was EXASUTED and he slept through the night dry! he was in my bed this morning when i woke up completly dry and when he woke up he went to the bathroom and thats it. no more diapers!

right now im cleaning the shit out of my apartment because its messy! we left a clean apartment when we left for florida and when we came home we just messed up the whole place! lol.

last year at this time aiden was still throwing tantrums when i took him to school in the morning, he was still screaming and tantruming when we could not understand him and he was still in diapers full time.

today, he is learning to tell time thanks to this book

hes got the big and little hands down in 2 minutes flat and told me when the time was wrong and when it was right. he is daytime potty trained and tonight will be his first night without a diaper, and we were sounding out words and stringing them together.

i am speechless. S.P.E.E.C.H.L.E.S.S.

by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
willysmama
by Valerie on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:43 PM

That is awesome!!! so excited for ya both!

peasntatersmom
by Leslie on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:28 PM

Wow what a dramatic improvement!!  I am so excited with you here!!!  way to goKeep up the good work Aiden and Mommy!!

Please let us know how his first diaper-less night turns out!  :)

***Thanks for sharing the book also!  Looks like a good one for anyone who may be learning about clocks/telling time!

peasntatersmom
by Leslie on Mar. 31, 2011 at 2:19 PM

Yay!!!  I am sooo excited for you!!  No more diapers  ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!  Great job Mommy, Daddy and Aiden!!!  clapping

willysmama
by Valerie on Mar. 31, 2011 at 4:47 PM

YAY! no more diapers!!! That is an awesome job, WTG Aiden

poshkat
by on Mar. 31, 2011 at 7:19 PM

thanks ladies! we had an accident last night and i decided no more sippy but DH is adamant that he gets it and does not want to take too many things away at once, i told him no but he insisted so i will give him sippy tonight and i told DH it would be his job to wake DS up in the middle of the night to go pee since when i take my medicin i knock out cold. he said he will.

peasntatersmom
by Leslie on Apr. 4, 2011 at 6:07 PM

Hey how is the potty training coming?? 

poshkat
by on Apr. 4, 2011 at 6:25 PM

Quoting peasntatersmom:

Hey how is the potty training coming?? 

its done now. im hoping every night when he goes to bed he wont have an accident. hes been fine since he had an accident a few days ago.

peasntatersmom
by Leslie on Apr. 4, 2011 at 6:30 PM

way to goThanks for the update!

poshkat
by on Apr. 4, 2011 at 6:40 PM

Quoting peasntatersmom:

way to goThanks for the update!

no probs! i am now trying to cut out his sippy cup. i don't put him to bed with it but DH gives it to him if he gets thirsty at night, usually after 2 or 3 am so he gets up to pee instead of having accidents. i want sippy gone but DH doesn't want to take 2 things at once.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)