Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Was my son just diagnosed?

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:35 AM
  • 10 Replies
  • 223 Total Views

We went to the orthopedic today who just looked over my son.  His bones legs, spine all look good.  but asked me if anyone had ever mentioned CP to me.  i said yes, and that i was going to neuro on tuesday.  we discussed the different ranges of CP for a while.  he handed me the check out paper and when i looked at it he circled the CP diagnosis code for insurance billing.  

was my son just labeled?  does he have a diagnosis now?  

by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
willysmama
by Valerie on Jul. 8, 2011 at 1:53 PM

he was just labeled. My son's othrotpedic bills a lot of willy's visits including his very first one CP. We were not diagnosised with cp til a few yrs afterwards. By his neurologists.

hbeam27
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 4:55 PM

how old was your son when they diagnosed him?

willysmama
by Valerie on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:57 PM

he was 2.5 yrs old when they labeled him. 3 yrs old when he got the official diagnosis

peasntatersmom
by Leslie on Jul. 10, 2011 at 12:34 AM

Hey!  How are you doing??group hug

hbeam27
by on Jul. 11, 2011 at 6:19 PM

I am doing ok.  You know how you just have a feeling that something is what it is, it's just you intuition?  That's how I feel right now.  I "know" what this is, I just need a Dr. To tell me for sure.  Even tho I have come to terms with it, I still think i'll cry when they confirm it.  We have our first appt with neurology tomorrow.  I'm sure it will be just more testing.

racala
by on Jul. 12, 2011 at 2:24 PM

WE just got a CP diagnosis for my son - (1 yr) and i knew since he was 4 months old - they just wouldnt tell me.  Now its a waiting game on the severity of his case.

hbeam27
by on Jul. 12, 2011 at 3:11 PM

Back from the neurologist.  My son was diagnosed with diplegic cerebral palsy.  At least I now know.    No testing can diagnosis it, its a clinical diagnosis based on his history, muscle tone, and present condition.  We are starting a medication to help relax his the muscles in his legs to see if it will help to stretch them.

sayres
by on Jul. 12, 2011 at 10:05 PM
I'm glad that your doctor was able to give you some answers. I hope the meds work.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
willysmama
by Valerie on Jul. 12, 2011 at 10:20 PM

glad you got some answers. Hope the meds work.

peasntatersmom
by Leslie on Jul. 16, 2011 at 12:48 AM

Quoting hbeam27:

Back from the neurologist.  My son was diagnosed with diplegic cerebral palsy.  At least I now know.    No testing can diagnosis it, its a clinical diagnosis based on his history, muscle tone, and present condition.  We are starting a medication to help relax his the muscles in his legs to see if it will help to stretch them.

Aww.  :(  I was secretly hoping that it wouldn't be CP.  But you're right; it's best that you know so that he will be eligible to receive therapies/benefits to help him.  I know how hard this is for you though.  Sometimes having a diagnosis is just as hard as searching for one.  I am thinking of you and hoping you are OK.  Please keep us updated... 

hugs

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)