Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

decided to start the behavior chart again/ talked to hubbs

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:14 PM
  • 7 Replies
  • 175 Total Views

yup. the metldowns and the misbehaving is just too much, i want to nip it the bud before it gets out of hand. today when he came off the van that drops him off he refused to walk and laid in the driveway until i was on the porch with my MIL for more than 10 minutes. he just laid there and would not get up. he also has misbehaved and has been hitting and pusing all day.

i tried the talking, the questions, the time outs. im done. behavior chart it is.

in other news i talked to hubs today and laid down the law. he had a split shift and came home for an hour between so i sat him down and told him everything. i was not very nice about it, but it needed to be said. we need to be on the same page i think he got it. my big things were, him undermining me. i told him when i say no i say it for a reason, him holding aiden constantly. aiden needs to walk, he has no issues, hes just spoiled and it needs to stop. bribing and buying aiden a toy everytime we go to the store. and some other small things.

i think he took it well, but i cant really say because i kind of told him to shut up and listen and not say anything until i was done and than aiden started crying and he just got up to see if he was ok.

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
sayres
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 7:52 AM
I think the chart is a good idea. Please let us know how it goes. How does the chart work? Is it a reward chard meaning after so many days of good behavior he gets a reward?
I hope your dh heard you it is hard because he isn't as close to the issue as you because he doesn't see Aiden act up as much as you do.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
poshkat
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 9:34 AM

Quoting sayres:

I think the chart is a good idea. Please let us know how it goes. How does the chart work? Is it a reward chard meaning after so many days of good behavior he gets a reward?
I hope your dh heard you it is hard because he isn't as close to the issue as you because he doesn't see Aiden act up as much as you do.

thanks. i do have hope. he did the whole morning thing with aiden and he says it went smoothly (i am not a morning person and this morning i just could not wake up. i feel like crapola!!)

the chart is very easy. i choose 4 or 5 small things like did you listen today, did you eat all your food. if he did all of them i either give him a sticker under it, or a smiley face.

last time i did it i gave him a toy back every night (because i took them all away) and if he was not good i took it back and he did not get a new one the next day.

i dont know what im going to do this time. i think i will just give him a high five or something. all his toys are in boxes because we are staying with my in laws and i dont want to dig them out.

willysmama
by Valerie on Sep. 15, 2011 at 10:23 PM

I hope he listened. I do that with hubby every once in awhile.  The chart sounds good.

poshkat
by on Sep. 16, 2011 at 9:15 AM

Quoting willysmama:

I hope he listened. I do that with hubby every once in awhile.  The chart sounds good.

he actually listened!! hes been really good the last 2 days (dh not aiden). he has not picked him up and has helped back me up. i hope this keeps up

Mipsy
by on Sep. 16, 2011 at 11:30 AM

How old is your son again? My son does the same stuff and nothing we have done has helped so far and boy is he just a major embarrassment. He has no grip on himself!

willysmama
by Valerie on Sep. 16, 2011 at 12:40 PM

Quoting poshkat:

Quoting willysmama:

he actually listened!! hes been really good the last 2 days (dh not aiden). he has not picked him up and has helped back me up. i hope this keeps up

That is wonderful! Hope he (dh not aiden)keeps it up

poshkat
by on Sep. 16, 2011 at 2:08 PM

Quoting Mipsy:

How old is your son again? My son does the same stuff and nothing we have done has helped so far and boy is he just a major embarrassment. He has no grip on himself!

hes going to be 5 in jan. it works wonder with him because hes the kind of kid that needs structure.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)