Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Got our OT eval *ouch*

Posted by on Mar. 24, 2012 at 3:11 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 153 Total Views
We had our first session today and she gave me a copy of the eval. For the eval I had to fill out these were the scores: they range from typical performance, probable difference, and definite difference. There is definite difference in 4/6 and in sensory seeking, low endurance/tone, sensory sensitivity, and sedentary. Then probable difference in the other 2 in oral sensory sensitivity and inattention/distractibility.

Then for grasping he is in the age range of 43 months (Ty is 46 months) and visual motor integration is at 40 months.

Then overall it says the eval revealed he has significant delays in upper body strength, hand/finger strength, self-help skills, visual perceptual skills, and sensory integration. Then some delays in fine motor skills.

Phew, that's a lot to write. Lol! So that's it. I feel bad cuz I never really knew, you know? But he's getting help now and that is what matters.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 24, 2012 at 3:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
willysmama
by Valerie on Mar. 24, 2012 at 5:25 PM

That isn't to bad and like you said he is getting the help he needs now.

sayres
by on Mar. 24, 2012 at 7:32 PM
It's is wonderful he is getting help. Are they going to be adding P/T as well?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dawncs
by on Mar. 24, 2012 at 7:39 PM

With any theraputic evaluation, there has to be a reason for it and the functioning levels showing. It is because health insurance and even the federal and state governments demand it to give them payment for a service. On the good side, it shows what she will work most with him during his theraputic sessions and how he can reach his full functioning level according to his disability.

Dawn
Beautifully Talanted Autistic Social Story Author
Diagnosed Asperger Syndrome as an adult
Diagnosed Edema (since young)
Author Page: http://www.toyboxunlimited.com/ (has discounts)

Mipsy
by on Mar. 24, 2012 at 9:06 PM
Yeah, I need to get with our DDD coordinator for a PT. I forgot to ask our OT if she spoke with her PT friend.

Quoting sayres:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sayres
by on Mar. 24, 2012 at 10:36 PM
Sounds like you are making good progress to get all the therapies. Does Ty also get private speech? Oral motor therapy with a trained speech therapist might help with the oral issues. It has helped with my ds.

Quoting Mipsy:

Yeah, I need to get with our DDD coordinator for a PT. I forgot to ask our OT if she spoke with her PT friend.

Quoting sayres:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jaydensmom1726
by on Apr. 17, 2012 at 11:04 PM

i know how you feel. i finaly seen my son's eval and he only scored really high in one area

he has 4 probable difrenaces and 1 definate.and that was just the sensory portion

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN