Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how are your kids doing in school this year?

Posted by on Aug. 21, 2012 at 12:32 PM
  • 7 Replies
  • 172 Total Views

I know a few of us have our kiddos in school already and few that are about to start. So i wonderfing how they are doing? How you are doing now that they are back in school?

So far so good with my son. He hasn't started his tantrums yet and we are in week 3 of school. He is loving it and learning so much. He is raising his hand when asked too. He is starting to point to things he wants or sees!

Right now i am busy with an appeal letter to medicaid. Willy was once again denied physical therapy for 3 reasons. Age, slow progress, and school duplication. I have contacted the schools pt today the one that deals with my son. To get help and hopefully reword his IEP and make it more specific towards school. I had a meeting with his private pt yesterday to figure out why the reasons and what was duplicated. I have my appeal letter almost done. I am just revising the one i did a few years ago and updating it. I only have til the 14th of sept to get it all back to medicaid and hopefully over turn their decision.

by on Aug. 21, 2012 at 12:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
sayres
by on Aug. 23, 2012 at 5:54 PM
I hope your appeal goes well. I'm glad to hear that Willy is doing so well in school. School hear doesn't start till after Labor day.
poshkat
by on Sep. 7, 2012 at 8:37 AM
I hope Medicaid gets the butts out of their heads so Willy can get what he needs!

We had kindergarten orientation yesterday, aiden did well! No tears but year did get a little worried when I tried to leave to go drop off the application for free/reduced lunch so I took him with me and he was fine. He even hugged his teacher when he first met her! It was alright until after they read a story and than got to ask questions, and that's when aiden raised his hand and announced to the class that "mommy sat on daddy's hand and broke it and we had to go to the hospital".

Yes, I did sit on his hand but I didn't break it, I just hel9ed the break that was there break more! Lol.

This morning aiden got on the bus with no problem. It's the first full day and he didn't even want me to walk him to the bus! (All 20 steps from the door). I'm just sitting here feeling a little panicky because it's his first full day of no special needs.
peasntatersmom
by Leslie on Oct. 3, 2012 at 5:21 PM

So sorry for the trouble with Medicaid...How frustrating!!  >.<

It sounds like Willy is making great progress with school! WTG Willy!!!

peasntatersmom
by Leslie on Oct. 3, 2012 at 5:25 PM

Quoting poshkat:

I hope Medicaid gets the butts out of their heads so Willy can get what he needs!

We had kindergarten orientation yesterday, aiden did well! No tears but year did get a little worried when I tried to leave to go drop off the application for free/reduced lunch so I took him with me and he was fine. He even hugged his teacher when he first met her! It was alright until after they read a story and than got to ask questions, and that's when aiden raised his hand and announced to the class that "mommy sat on daddy's hand and broke it and we had to go to the hospital".

Yes, I did sit on his hand but I didn't break it, I just hel9ed the break that was there break more! Lol.

This morning aiden got on the bus with no problem. It's the first full day and he didn't even want me to walk him to the bus! (All 20 steps from the door). I'm just sitting here feeling a little panicky because it's his first full day of no special needs.

LOL!  You can always count on kids to say the things you don't want them to say at exactly the time you don't want them to say it!  Too funny!  ;) (Hope your husband's hand is ok now?)

What a big boy you have - walking to the bus all by himself and all!  I am so proud here with you!  How is he doing in the main streamed class?  I bet he has adjusted well by now!

poshkat
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 6:55 PM
2 moms liked this
Quoting peasntatersmom:

Dh's hand is better. He has a check up appt in Nov. Aiden is doing excellent in the main stream class. He actually has an advantage over some of the kids because he has been in school since he was 2.5 and has been learning all his letters and numbers and how to write his name for a full year before some of the kids.

Also, and you'll be excited about this....no more tantrums in the morning!!!! He gets up, dressed, brushes his teeth and pees and gets on the bus no problems! He eats breakfast in school so I don't have to worry about that.
peasntatersmom
by Leslie on Oct. 8, 2012 at 2:12 PM

Yay!!!  FANTASTIC news - for both mom and Aiden!!  :D

MamaCandy79
by on Oct. 24, 2012 at 9:59 AM
1 mom liked this

both of my boys are doing well in school,especially Andrew. he has made alot of progress so far and we are so proud of him.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)