Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

new here

Posted by on Sep. 6, 2012 at 8:37 AM
  • 10 Replies
  • 145 Total Views
My names ivy and I'm 25 I have four kids and my 2 1/2 year old girl just got told that she has developmental delays. She also has speech problems she doesn't talk hardly at all. It gets very frustrating at times and know one I know seems to know what I'm going through. Then I found this group and thought it might help to talk to other people with the same or similar problems
by on Sep. 6, 2012 at 8:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
willysmama
by Valerie on Sep. 6, 2012 at 10:26 PM

Hi and welcome to the group! My son has many diagnosises and he is mostly non verbal. He will talk when he feels like it though.

ivylynn0711
by on Sep. 7, 2012 at 12:14 AM
How old is he? They still have to run more test to find out what else is wrong but it just gets frustrating at times

Quoting willysmama:

Hi and welcome to the group! My son has many diagnosises and he is mostly non verbal. He will talk when he feels like it though.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
willysmama
by Valerie on Sep. 7, 2012 at 11:15 AM

Quoting ivylynn0711:

How old is he? They still have to run more test to find out what else is wrong but it just gets frustrating at times

Quoting willysmama:

He is 7 years old. The only thing doctors agree on is he is mute when he chooses to be.

willysmama
by Valerie on Sep. 20, 2012 at 10:54 AM

How are things going?

Steph_G.
by on Sep. 21, 2012 at 6:15 AM

Welcome. My daughter will be 3 next month, she barely talks and I know exactly how you feel. None of my family or coworkers seem to understand what it is like to have a toddler that you can't talk to. I hate how many times I get told "oh just wait until she starts talking then you'll wish she would just stop." So if you ever need to talk to someone, I probably understand.

ivylynn0711
by on Sep. 23, 2012 at 11:59 PM
That's what I'm alwa ys getting told to that when she starts I will want her to stop. But I have four kids and it's frustrating when the one year old can tell you what he wants butshe can't she's starting to talk a little more now I just hope she keeps it up

Quoting Steph_G.:

Welcome. My daughter will be 3 next month, she barely talks and I know exactly how you feel. None of my family or coworkers seem to understand what it is like to have a toddler that you can't talk to. I hate how many times I get told "oh just wait until she starts talking then you'll wish she would just stop." So if you ever need to talk to someone, I probably understand.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ivylynn0711
by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 12:02 AM
They are still about the same we have had so many appointments for her lately it's been crazy. They just put her asleep the other day to do an mri so I'm hoping it comes back ok.how have things been for you

Quoting willysmama:

How are things going?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
peasntatersmom
by Leslie on Oct. 3, 2012 at 5:13 PM

Welcome to the group! 

willysmama
by Valerie on Oct. 3, 2012 at 8:58 PM

Quoting ivylynn0711:

They are still about the same we have had so many appointments for her lately it's been crazy. They just put her asleep the other day to do an mri so I'm hoping it comes back ok.how have things been for you

Quoting willysmama:

How are things going?

been dealing with medicaid and still trying to get his pt back. Other than that things are starting to go back to normal

ivylynn0711
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 12:59 AM
Thsts good to hear

Quoting willysmama:

Quoting ivylynn0711:

Quoting willysmama:

How are things going?

been dealing with medicaid and still trying to get his pt back. Other than that things are starting to go back to normal

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)