Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Picky Eater..

Posted by on Sep. 22, 2012 at 12:41 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 164 Total Views

Hi my name is Cassandra, I have been lurking on this site for a couple of years now. I have been reading posts and learning as I go. My son Cole is two going on three in November. He is a very smart child. Over the years he has had speech therapy (3 times a week), developmental therapy (1 time a week), Occupational therapy (1 time a week), and physical therapy (1 time a week). Cole also goes to preschool full time Monday through Friday. So as you can see we have a busy schedule. Cole has came a long way from a 2llb 10oz baby. As of now I am concerned about his eating habits. He has ate chicken, turkey wings, greens, mash potatoes, bananas, oranges, fruit snacks, & pancakes. So you can see its not the texture of foods. Lately he eats pancakes, mash potatoes, and just the skin of the chicken. No vegs.! Does anyone has any suggestions? Thanks Ladies!!!   Cassey..

by on Sep. 22, 2012 at 12:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
willysmama
by Valerie on Sep. 22, 2012 at 8:31 PM

i have had to hide some veggies in my son's food. Or give him the fruitables juice.

ivylynn0711
by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 8:04 AM
Mine didn't want to eat veggies either but I would still put a little on their plates and try to get them to take at least one bite now they eat it..my two n half year old has different problems she will say mom lil trees lol it's cute n she eats her broccoli
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
peasntatersmom
by Leslie on Oct. 3, 2012 at 5:41 PM

Hi!  Nice to have you in the group!  :)

Overall I wouldn't be too concerned.  He is eating and will probably be more willing to try new things as he grows - and potatoes are a vegetable after all.  ;) 

If you're really concerned about his health, you might want to talk with his pedi about this. Maybe he/she can recommend a multi-vitamin that would help him get all the nutrients he needs?  Or maybe pediasure would help?

Please update us and let us know how your guy is doing. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)