Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I feel like i failed him

Posted by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 10:22 AM
  • 3 Replies
  • 137 Total Views

I have been battling with medicaid and doing an appeal process to get willy's pt back. he has been without for what seems like a very long time. He has been without since August. Well i did the appeal and lost. Their decision stands. I know i can try in a few months again and say he lost skills. But i hate to play that game! I have an option to get rid of pt at school but that doesn't guarantee me that medicaid will keep him on his pt outside. And its a very drastic decision!! Right now he gets pt once a month at school and his teacher walks him daily. I can try and contact Shriner's. But it will be once a month and he will miss at least 3 days of school. the nearest Shriner's is a days drive there and back. I don't think it would be wise since he is actually learning something at school and starting to catch up academically. I am stumped and toren about what to do. I work with him at home daily and i take him to a pool a few times a week.

by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 10:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Steph_G.
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 12:24 PM

I'm so sorry. I know you feel horrible, but you didn't fail him. *hugs*

marklorna
by Lorna on Oct. 5, 2012 at 10:50 PM

I'm sorry.  You did what you could. 

We have added PT exercises into my daughters Personal Plan at school.  The EA is coming to Megan's PT appointment and will be given a list of exercises that should be done with Megan on a daily basis.  They will also video them so the other EA's also know what should be done.  Maybe you could arrange something like this?

When you have a special needs child, it is like floating in the ocean. You will have highs when you ride the top of the wave and move forward and lows when the wave crashes over you and sucks you back. As you are riding a low wave of sadness, frustration & disappointment, just keep in mind the next wave will take you back up and move you forward once more.

Condutive Education Information Sharing at:  http://www.cafemom.com/group/50043/

created4apurpos
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 12:49 PM

try for SSI instead.  if he qualifies for that then title 19 insurance is automatically included

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN