Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need an honest opinon

Posted by on Oct. 22, 2012 at 1:59 PM
  • 11 Replies
  • 190 Total Views

Willy's OT would like me to try an set up a website to help moms of special needs kids to find toys that special needs kids can play with and that would be beneficial. Over the last few years i have complied over 30 different websites and stores that i have purchased from for willy. Toys that i have tested out before i bought and they worked out great for willy or toys that didn't go over to well. The OT will help me set it up and descibe how each toy was used or how it could be used.

Would any of you be interested in something like that?

by on Oct. 22, 2012 at 1:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PAM011904
by on Oct. 23, 2012 at 5:53 PM
I think it is a great idea. But keep in mind all children have unique needs and what works for your Lo may not work for others. But IMO all new information is helpful.
willysmama
by Valerie on Oct. 23, 2012 at 8:21 PM

Quoting PAM011904:

I think it is a great idea. But keep in mind all children have unique needs and what works for your Lo may not work for others. But IMO all new information is helpful.

Yep, i know that is where the ot comes in at

Steph_G.
by on Oct. 24, 2012 at 6:11 AM

Sounds like a good idea

valleymomma1
by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 11:42 AM
For sure Last week I got 3 Christmas mag from stores there seemed very little to buy for my child. I am a game a Holic I am always buying games & thinking how to modify them for my little mr 5.
lmjess
by on Nov. 11, 2012 at 8:52 PM

I like it!

willysmama
by Valerie on Nov. 11, 2012 at 8:57 PM

Quoting valleymomma1:

For sure Last week I got 3 Christmas mag from stores there seemed very little to buy for my child. I am a game a Holic I am always buying games & thinking how to modify them for my little mr 5.

What games do you have for your little one? Here are a few that with a little hand over hand assistance my son was able to do. hungry hungry hippos, whack a mole, chutes and ladders, farm uno. Some of the pieces had to be modified by his OT.

valleymomma1
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 11:39 AM

Quoting willysmama:

Quoting valleymomma1:

What games do you have for your little one? Here are a few that with a little hand over hand assistance my son was able to do. hungry hungry hippos, whack a mole, chutes and ladders, farm uno. Some of the pieces had to be modified by his OT.

Pop up pirate but we use the color spinner from wake up daddy for that we use a large dice .  Count your chicks, Queen bee, pop goes pig, hi ho cherry, scatter pilfer, wok & roll , sky high scoops,  puppy bingo, candy land but I find making stacking the deck to make it a 3 minute game.  We like farm UNO as well.  Squashed potatoes has been great for playdoh & game play.  

sweetboys4me
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 7:32 PM

I would think it would be very helpful. I find it so hard to find toys for Owen.  Even if the toys may not all fit him, at least it would give me some ideas.

created4apurpos
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 12:36 AM

beyondplay.com is a good place to go if you need ideas.  they specialize in toys and other things for special needs kids

created4apurpos
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 12:39 AM

I think not just toys but other items too that have been beneficial would be a good thing to add to a list like that.  I've been thinking of trying to put together a sort of coping bag for DD personalized for all her specific issues that she might need things for (eg headphones for sound sensitivity).  many parents are lost when it comes to such things.  I think it'd be a help

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN