Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

First day of preschool

Posted by on Oct. 24, 2012 at 6:16 AM
  • 6 Replies
  • 112 Total Views

After all the scrambling and trying to get everyone on the same page, Rebecca starts preschool today. I really hope that she does well. I hate the fact that I will have no idea how anything goes since she will get dropped off in the middle of the day at the daycare, and I can't just ask her "How was your first day of school?" The school sends weekly newsletters about what is going on in the class, but I don't know how individualized they will be and I won't get one until Friday. Oh well, I'm sure she will do fine. Now I need to go pack her backpack (which makes her look so tiny).

by on Oct. 24, 2012 at 6:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
willysmama
by Valerie on Oct. 24, 2012 at 9:42 AM

Hope she has a great day. Is there a way you can call the school just to see how she is doing?

MamaCandy79
by on Oct. 24, 2012 at 9:58 AM

hope she has a great first day!

Steph_G.
by on Oct. 26, 2012 at 8:52 PM

Quoting willysmama:

Hope she has a great day. Is there a way you can call the school just to see how she is doing?

Yeah I can call or e-mail, I'm just not very good about how to get information. For years I've been asking daycare teachers and therapists "how is she doing" and I get "great" Even when I find out from someone else that she sat in a corner all day avoiding everyone except the three kids she bit that day.I found I picked up a littleinformation when I actually sat in on therapy, but that really isn't an option at preschool. I guess I just need to learn how to ask better questions.

willysmama
by Valerie on Oct. 26, 2012 at 10:11 PM

Quoting Steph_G.:

Quoting willysmama:

Yeah I can call or e-mail, I'm just not very good about how to get information. For years I've been asking daycare teachers and therapists "how is she doing" and I get "great" Even when I find out from someone else that she sat in a corner all day avoiding everyone except the three kids she bit that day.I found I picked up a littleinformation when I actually sat in on therapy, but that really isn't an option at preschool. I guess I just need to learn how to ask better questions.

You could always asked what did she do today? did she have any issues?  is she having problems with her assignments? if so how can i help her? I found out these questions generally get me more than a one word answer.

ivylynn0711
by on Oct. 27, 2012 at 11:27 PM

hope she enjoyed school. Hopefully they will let you know if she has any problems and not just give you the everything went fine answer i hate when that happens

lmjess
by on Nov. 11, 2012 at 8:55 PM

My son just started pre-k last week. He's got a few words; but, no convrsation speech. His teachers write in a daily communication log (notebook) that we send back and forth.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)