Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

idea for sound sensitivity

Posted by on Nov. 6, 2012 at 5:58 PM
  • 7 Replies
  • 165 Total Views
1 mom liked this

if your child is sound sensitive or easily distracted by extra sound in a situation where you just can't shut that sound off, get a pair of drummer's headphones.  buy adult sized unless your child is 4yrs or younger or they will be too small.  this is based on reviews I read of child sized ones.  they aren't super expensive and dim the sound nicely.  this isn't something I had thought of before but we now have a pair for DD and I'm going to make the suggestion to her school.

Robin - mom of 1 special little girl, wife to Tim

Philippans 4:8  Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. 

CafeMom Tickers
by on Nov. 6, 2012 at 5:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
willysmama
by Valerie on Nov. 6, 2012 at 6:14 PM

Thanks for the tip.

valleymomma1
by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 11:36 AM
We have ear muffs from a big outdoor store the gun department they had every size u could want my son does not use much anymore . A fun idea is to buy plain ones then decorate them with stickers. They can definitely help in so many situations. I have moved my son to music headphones I hope to introduce ear buds next. He really likes music it's so calming even school (kindergarden) uses his music ones here & there.
created4apurpos
by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 1:13 PM

DD likes music too, she has a kid tough MPS player that can be used with or without headphones.  volume WILL NOT go above the reccommeded max.  works like a USB drive.  got good reviews and survived beind thrown down the stairs.

peasntatersmom
by Leslie on Nov. 26, 2012 at 11:29 AM

We have some industrial work headphones for Jerry.  They have a built in radio (he loves music!)  They have been helpful for him several times!

jaydensmom1726
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 12:43 PM

where did you get the kid tought mp3 player i want one for my son but cant seem to find one

Quoting created4apurpos:

DD likes music too, she has a kid tough MPS player that can be used with or without headphones.  volume WILL NOT go above the reccommeded max.  works like a USB drive.  got good reviews and survived beind thrown down the stairs.

created4apurpos
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 1:32 PM

the one I have used to be available on amazon but they don't seem to have it anymore :(.  its called carry a tune.  its a shame.  thing survived being tossed so hard it opened a little and it still plays.  I found another possible option for you though:

http://www.amazon.com/Ivory-Caramel-Bidou-2GB-built/dp/B004IYIBZ0/ref=pd_cp_ba_0

Quoting jaydensmom1726:

where did you get the kid tought mp3 player i want one for my son but cant seem to find one

Quoting created4apurpos:

Robin - mom of 1 special little girl, wife to Tim

Philippans 4:8  Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. 

CafeMom Tickers
jaydensmom1726
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 5:57 PM

thanks there were a couple that looked like what i want 

Quotingt created4apurpos:

the one I have used to be available on amazon but they don't seem to have it anymore :(.  its called carry a tune.  its a shame.  thing survived being tossed so hard it opened a little and it still plays.  I found another possible option for you though:

http://www.amazon.com/Ivory-Caramel-Bidou-2GB-built/dp/B004IYIBZ0/ref=pd_cp_ba_0

Quoting jaydensmom1726:

Quoting created4apurpos:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN