Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pediatric Speech Language Pathologist-Orlando

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2007 at 8:17 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 242 Total Views
Hi, I am new to the group. I have my own speech-language pathology practice in Orlando, FL. I am available for any questions.

Pam
by on Mar. 4, 2007 at 8:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
gertyp
by on Mar. 6, 2007 at 11:18 AM
Thank you for being available.  My son is 2 and just starting speech therapy so I don't have any questions yet.  He doesn't even really babble--no constanant sounds, mostly just oooooooh and aaaaaaaaah.  Even so, all his therapsists are happy to hear it, because he has a hearing loss too.

Thanks again!
Gretchen
HECinNaptown
by on Mar. 11, 2007 at 9:17 PM
dancing welcometo our group, Pam!  I know your advice and expertise will be invaluable.  I am so glad you have joined us!

Holly
Developmental Delays Group Owner
Special Education Group Owner

blazemi
by on Apr. 9, 2007 at 11:09 PM
I have a question.

What is the difference between Speech Pathologist and Speech Therapist?  My son has been seeing ST since he was 2ish and now he is almost 6.  If your child has a speech issue from a developmental delay, should one see a pathologist?  We get therapy at school and have been to private as well but never a pathologist.  Please share your wisdom.
Thanks
MERI4474
by on Jul. 27, 2007 at 9:21 AM
HI THERE. MY SON IS 21 MONTHS AND DOES NOT SPEAK.  HIS SPEECH THERAPIST HAS HAD SOME CONCERNS  FOR A MONTH OR 2 AND HAS RECOMMENDED THAT HE GET A DIAGNOSIS.  I WENT TO A PEDIATRIC NEUROLOGIST AND SHE SAID THAT HE FALLS UNDER THE PDD AUTISM SPECTRUM.  HOWEVER, HE HAS EYE CONTACT AND IS VERY AFFECTIONATE.  I WAS WONDERING ABOUT YOUR OPINION. THANKS FOR YOUR TIME.
MEREDITH-NY
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)