Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Catching up

Posted by on Jun. 14, 2007 at 9:41 AM
  • 2 Replies
  • 329 Total Views

At Emily's 8 month appt. she couldn't sit or bear weight on her legs.  She'd barely met her 3 and 6 month gross motor milestones.  She'd always had poor muscle tone. The dr. suggested Early Intervention and made an appt. with a neurologist...which isn't until September.  He wanted us to bring her back in two months.

We decided to wait a few months on Early Intervention to see if it was warranted.  Two months have past and it's like someone turned on a switch.

She started to sit, then scoot, then sit up by herself, and bear  weight on her legs.  A couple weeks ago she started crawling and now she crawls everywhere. The other night she started crying a few minutes after I put her to bed, and I went in to find her standing up!

She'll be 10 months on the 21st.  She has an appointment with her dr. that day. 

She's still tiny and she has to work hard to do things, but she went from being so laid back to being so determined to keep trying.  She constantly wants to be on the floor doing things.  I can't believe she's the same baby she was two months ago. 

Sabrina

by on Jun. 14, 2007 at 9:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Snooze
by on Jun. 14, 2007 at 10:55 AM
Sabrina that is AWESOME!!!

Go Emily, Go Emily, Go Emily!!!

Susan
Nylon
by on Jun. 15, 2007 at 12:31 AM
That is just wonderful news...  It melts a mother's heart doesn't it when we see something our little jewels couldn't do and now do!!

My daughter was born with hip dysplasia (in both legs -- basically both of her hips were dislocated at birth because her ball and socket joint were not developed) and she had to wear a soft pavlic brace for the first three months of her life.  I remember the fear I had back then that she will never walk, etc.  I didn't even see her little naked body until after the brace was taking off at 3 months because she had to wear this ugly brace for 24 hrs a day seven days a week.  I remember giving her her first bath.  It was like my husband and I had just re-experienced her birth all over again.

NOW...........she is running, climbing, trying to jump hehe all over the place!!  So time does heal those who need it in ways we never imagined.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)