Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help me w/ medicaid waiver? URGENT!! Please!

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 8:52 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 150 Total Views
can someone pls help me understand the medicaid waiver? I am having trouble getting Levi the equipment he needs. i desperatley need to know how to do this!
Or has anyone done the dr rx and then an estimate on the cost of the medical equipment. then i guess you submit all that to medicaid for approval. How did that work
Maybe you know a medical supplier online that bills medicaid?
Im new at this and frustrated. I feel like we are wasting precious time!
Thank You!
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 8:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
blazemi
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 9:38 PM
My school did it for my sons equipment.  I don't know, but will your Dr. be able to help?  Sorry - wish I could help.  Also, I would call your state rep to have them put you in contact with the state dept to have them help you.  State reps and Sens. have people in their office to put you in contact with the right people to help.  If you have 211 or 311 in your state, that would be another avenue. 
mamatware
by on Jul. 26, 2007 at 11:42 AM
Is your little guy in your states early intervention program???  If so they can help with needed equipment.  First steps paid for Robby's AFO's, and his last 2 pair of glasses.  It would be called "assistive technology".  Also, Children's Miracle Network is a wonderful group, that has helped us in the past also.  They can fund equipment.  Their website is www.cmn.org  Cilck the "hospitals" link, and then enter your zipcode to get the info for your local office.   Words that help with getting medicaid, are "medically fragile" or "special medical needs"

Jennifer-DD Group Moderator
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)