Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Back to being frustrated.

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 4:16 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 171 Total Views

I haven't been on here in a little while, because I thought after our visit to a dev. ped.  that we finally had an answer.  She had my son tested for Fragile X Syndrome,  and after reading all about it I was sure that was it.  But she just called with the results, and they are normal.   So now I am back at square one.  No one has any idea about why my son is delayed, or exibits the symptoms that he does.   I don't even know where to go from here.  I called the doc back (because she just left a message for me)  so I could ask her "what's next".  But it might be a couple of days before she gets back to me.  

Does anyone else not have any idea why their child is delayed?   And what do you do with that?  Do you give up trying to find out "why", and just focus on trying to help them improve?

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 4:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
mamatware
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 4:20 PM

That is exactly what you do.  You always wonder and you always look and grab onto whatever you can, but "what I can do now" is far more important to focus on than "why".  We really have no solid reason for Robby's delays-40%-50% delays are never explained.  We have several theories....but nothing we can say for sure.  I really don't spend much time on why anymore and focus on what now?

SuperMomma
by on Jan. 28, 2009 at 8:37 AM

No we dont know either. That's exactly right. I haven't given up about finding out what is wrong, I just keep my focus on making him better! That's my job!

nutrimom624
by on Jan. 28, 2009 at 11:58 AM

Agree... sometimes finding out the "why" can become almost like an obsession taking a way a LOT of your energy.... use it to help... now is the time...also as time passes some things wil become more obvious...God bless...

Liz      

Sophia                            Ernie & Luis

suz123
by on Jan. 28, 2009 at 2:22 PM

This is a great site to describe your child and see if any one else has the same symptoms for their child and see if they match their diagnosis.  You have to turn over a lot of stones to find the answe,r good luck.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)