Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my favorite mom story PIOG

Posted by on May. 8, 2009 at 10:32 AM
  • 4 Replies
  • 191 Total Views

Had I witness myself doing this 13 years ago I would have thought that I was crazy.  Had I been told I was capable I would have said , NEVER.

So this event happened about six years ago.  Vinny was nearly one, Carrie three and Jake was six.  My Jake is special needs and he was participating his first year at the soap box derby in Akron, Ohio.  We were very excited to see him do this and having never attended before not quite sure what to expect.  Well we did not expect the event to take nearly 6 hours, and have him place fourth.  Since we had no idea it would take that long we did not pack enough food to eat.  So by the time the even was over we were all starving but had to be at out next event of camping with the boys scouts.  We left Derby Downs only to go right to the camp grounds.  I was completely starved.  When we arrived we got there just in time for dinner.  There before me was a feast of food. After making the kids there plates, while carrying Vinny in my arms it was my turn to make my plate.  I piled it high with a cauldron of home made cooking.  I sat down with Vinny and was just about to grab my fork when IT happened.   Vinny began to puke all down the front of my sweatshirt.  I heard my inner voice screaming, NOOOOOOOO!  Quickly my mind assessed the situation.  I had sat at a picnic table with about 15 strangers around me.  The vomit had not quite made it to my lap or pants.  I looked at Vinny, he had stopped vomiting.  What to do?  I looked at that delicious plate of food.  I hear Verruca Salts voice saying,"But I want to eat now Daddy!"  This assessment could not have taken but a millisecond for me to decide what to do.  Much to my surprise , calmly I grabbed the bottom of the sweatshirt lifted it up and over the vomit and began to eat. Now to the astonishment of the stranger across me she felt the need to point out that my son had just vomited on me.  Well aware of the situation I agreed with her.  Much to my surprise I was able to eat my dinner and then preceded to take him home.  Had only one told me 13 years ago prior to having children that I would have been able to eat let alone enjoy a meal with vomit on myself I would have thought the idea outrages. 

by on May. 8, 2009 at 10:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
dori757
by on May. 9, 2009 at 9:52 AM

That's awesome. Oh the things we do!  You made my day with that story!Thx

rainbowlight
by on May. 9, 2009 at 10:48 AM

*hugs*

I can't believe she didn't get off her butt and hand you some paper towels.  Seriously.

suz123
by on May. 9, 2009 at 2:09 PM

LOL, I never thought of asking for help.

peasntatersmom
by Leslie on May. 9, 2009 at 11:42 PM

Ewww LOL!  Great story!  :0)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)