Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

another OT

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 1:53 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 255 Total Views

I've never really liked Lillian's OT.. she seems to think she is better than the PT or ST. She is totally unreasonable on scheduling. Yesterday she came over and already had Lillian scheduled out for August, both appts at 2 pm.. I get off work at 2:30. I ask if there is a different day and/or time, and she was like, "that's the only time I have and I can't change it." I told her I didnt sign lillian up for First Steps to miss most of her sessions... the PT and ST have been great about scheduling, never a problem. I know the OT has other patients, but this was a little much. And so the OT tells me it's okay if I cannot make all of the sessions because she has some kids whose parents dont get to come at all because they work. Hello! I should be there as much as possible! I have the option to be there for her therapy. Why wouldnt she try to work with me? Honestly, I dont think Lillian reacted well to her anyway. She loves her ST and PT. As for the OT, she plays with her but not as well as she would with the other two. Over the couple of months she has been with Lillian, I've realized it wasn't working out. I asked for a new OT, I just wanted opinions on whether I was being unreasonable. Thanks.

I'm Wrae. I have three kids.. Cameron (4), Julian (3) and Lillian ( 1 year). I work full time as an addictions counselor and love it. I am 26 years old. I am biracial. I did not breast feed, used disposable diapers, vaccinated all three kids, do not co-sleep ,and my house is never clean. I am from Kentucky and love it, but I am not a stereotypical Kentuckian.

by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 1:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
MommaOfT21Girl
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 2:24 PM

get rid of her.  if she cant accomodate for your needs and your daughter's needs then she obviously isnt a great OT.  ours come to our home, and is very understanding to our times and family needs.  also, i'm not a big believer in OT, because she also has an early childhood teacher that does all the same things our OT does, but the more shepractices, the better she will get!

so, yeah, i would get a new OT ASAP. she sounds like a real winner.

My t21 girl!                           My Unborn Girl!
My Blog: http://raisingmylolo.blogspot.com/ !!

07gradmom
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 6:44 PM

i talked to the PSC and she is looking for a new one, she actually apologized for me having to wait a couple of days for a new one. I was thrilled she's getting me one by the end of the week.

I'm Wrae. I have three kids.. Cameron (4), Julian (3) and Lillian ( 1 year). I work full time as an addictions counselor and love it. I am 26 years old. I am biracial. I did not breast feed, used disposable diapers, vaccinated all three kids, do not co-sleep ,and my house is never clean. I am from Kentucky and love it, but I am not a stereotypical Kentuckian.

peasntatersmom
by Leslie on Jul. 30, 2009 at 12:14 AM

While it is true that not all parents attend their child's therapy sessions, I have always been one who does like to be there.  Unless your presence is interfering with the session, I see no reason why you should settle for less if you don't have to.  I understand her schedule must be tight, but if Lillian doesn't respond well to her anyway and you have had this nagging feeling about it, finding a new OT is probably the best thing you can do.  Don't worry too much, it will work out fine and I'm sure you and Lillian will be happier for it in the end.

*HUGS*

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)