Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What's your name???

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 2:40 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 184 Total Views

Today is the first day of school here bouncing momand i just got back from dropping Robby off.  He is in a selfcontained classroom with 8 kids, 1 teacher and 2 aides.  Robby has the same teacher as last year, and 2 of the students that were in his class last year are also in his class this year.  But their are 5 that Robby didn't know, and Robby approached one (Robby does not have any of the anti social charecteristics of autism-mostly stimming, sensory seeking, echolalia, scripted responses) and said "I'm Robby, What's your name?"  I felt so bad for Robby...the kiddo didn't answer him....so Robby just kept repeating it, over and over getting louder and louder.  I told him the little boy's name, but he didn't want to hear it from me, he wanted the little boy to answer him. 

by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 2:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
peasntatersmom
by Leslie on Aug. 25, 2009 at 11:56 PM

Aww!  Poor Robby!  He probably didn't understand why the little boy wasn't answering him.  :(  Maybe they will end up making friends anyway..

How was his first day?? 

mamatware
by on Aug. 26, 2009 at 10:53 AM

He had a great first day back!  No tantrum at drop off time, except for the little guy who wouldn't answer him getting him riled up....but when daddy showed up to get him from school, Robby didn't want to leave! 

willysmama
by Valerie on Aug. 26, 2009 at 12:09 PM

That is wonderful! sorry it was kinda a rough morning. hopefully the boys will become friends anyways

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)