Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured Mississippi mom on Cafemoms!

Posted by on May. 21, 2012 at 8:45 PM
  • 0 Replies
  • 351 Total Views

CafeMom is excited to announce a way we're featuring many of our terrific moms. Selected moms will respond to our "Mom of the Day" interview questions, and their interviews will then be posted in the group that they spend the most time in.

Our current featured mom, katieloves21, loves to read all the posts in the Mom Confessions group.

1. What has been your defining moment as a mom so far? 

My defining moment of as a mom so far would be when all the elder mothers (my mom, MIL, and the great grandmas) could not calm down my son and I just did his special cranky routine and it was alright. 2. What group do you most frequently hang out in on CafeMom?

Well I love visiting Mom confessions to read the hilarious and wacky things that are confessed.

3. What do you like most about CafeMom?

The thing I love most about CafeMom is the connection I get with other moms. It's great to know that someone else is going through what I am or has been there and has just the advice I need.

4. A mom's spare time is precious (if it exists at all!). How do you spend yours? (Aside from on CafeMom, of course.) 

In my spare time I enjoy reading and cooking. I am a major Foodie. Cooking relaxes me and also brings joy when I make something everyone loves.

5. What are your favorites:
Book: Well I can't pick one but I love the In death series by J.D Robb
Movie: Chicago - It is great because it is my Broadway musical at home!
Song: Hold me by Jamie Grace. It always puts a smile on my face.
Food: Well I love southern comfort food. Cornbread, mashed potatoes, and fried chicken Yum!
Place to travel to: Louisiana. It has so much life and fun. I love the music, food and people. I am always sad when I have to leave.

6. Which celebrity mom would you most like to hang out with, and why?

Reese Witherspoon would be the celebrity mom I would want to hang out with. She is down to earth and a board member of the Children's Defense Fund.

7. If you could give a new mom one piece of advice, what would it be?

Take help. So many people want to help with advice or babysitting. Being a new mom is stressful. We all need help and no one is super mom.

8. If you had to choose, what single word best sums you up?

Original. I am 100% me.

9. As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up? And if you work, what's your job?

When I was a child I wanted to be a social worker. I wanted to help children find help and hope in tough situations. Right now I am a Preschool teacher at a church. I teach ages 2-4.

10. If you could trade places with any one person for a day, who would it be?

My husband. I would better understand him if I experienced his daily life.

Now answer her question for YOU:

How do you show your child each day you love them?

by on May. 21, 2012 at 8:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)