Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Any interest in a live-in nanny?

Posted by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 2:55 PM
  • 0 Replies
  • 118 Total Views

If you are looking for a live-in nanny, I recommend getting an au pair.

As a working mom, it was hardly worth keeping my job after paying for two full-time daycare bills, upwards of $2500 a month. Then I found out about hosting an au pair, which cut my childcare expenses in HALF. We don't have a huge house, but I put the kids in one bedroom and converted the other bedroom into the au pair's room. The cost is about $315 a week for up to 45 hours of care, which breaks down to $7 an hour!

Plus, I have to say that we are just in LOVE with our au pair. My older daughter tells me to go away so she can play with her by herself! I also love coming home to a tidy house with the kids' laundry done and dinner started on the stove.

I am posting this to encourage you to consider hosting an au pair. I am with Cultural Care and I highly recommend them. Please contact me and I will give you a promotion code for savings of up to $850 - who wouldn't like the equivalent of almost 3 weeks of FREE childcare? I hear the prices are going up in 2009 if you don't apply by December 31, so I hope you'll email me soon!

Best of luck on your search! Feel free to call me on my cell at 215-704-6351 if you'd like to chat about it.

Cheers,
Cait

by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 2:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)