Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New to the Area!!

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 2:21 PM
  • 9 Replies
  • 310 Total Views

Hey everyone my name is jessie, I just moved here from California where my husband was stationed ith the marine corps. i dont know anyone around here.  We live in gainesville although he grew up in white co. If anyone wants to chit chat sometime or get together i have  a 15 month old daughter!!. She loves other kids.

by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 2:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
mommy_raines
by on Jan. 3, 2009 at 9:07 PM

Hey! My hubby is in Army and just got restationed to Toccoa, which is 45mins north of you! We have a 23 month old boy. Welcome to the area.

hope0126
by Group Owner on Jan. 4, 2009 at 10:55 AM

We live in White Co. but we go to gainesville all the time because there is not much around us..

newmomash
by on Jan. 4, 2009 at 11:27 AM

welcome to the area.i also live in gainesville. my son will be 16months on jan 10 and my daughter will be 2months on jan 12.

lilmommah21
by Member on Jan. 4, 2009 at 11:34 AM

Hello and welcome! I lived in Oakwood for almost 6 yrs but now I live in Cornelia, GA. I do go to Gainesville alot though cause there isn't too much up here where I live.. I have 2 sons.. Seth who will be 7 April 27th and Jakob who will be 1 April 6th. I am 22 yrs old and engaged.

SweetnSerene
by Member on Jan. 4, 2009 at 5:38 PM

Hello! =o)  My name's Heather, I'm 24 (25 in 2 weeks) and a mommy of three!  Been with my hubby since I was 17 and we've been married 4 of those years.  We have a daughter, 5, one son who is 3, and then my other son will be turning 1 on Wednesday!!  I live about 45 min. north of you in Clarkesville (Habersham).  Don't get to go down to Gainesville much but I'm not far from Lake Burton up this way (actually, we're between Lake burton and Sautee, White Co.). =o)  If you're ever this a way, feel free to give me a hollar! =o)

tigerlily08
by on Jan. 4, 2009 at 11:11 PM

Hi. I am Cassie. I am 19 and have a 8 month old daugther named Sara and a wonderful husband named Mark. We live in Clarkesville and we go down to Gainesville every once in a while but when we get a car we will be going down there more often because Habersham is boring with only a over-priced cinema, a bowling alley, and a wal-mart to go to. Plus Other than fast food resturants Habersham doesn't have a many options when it comes to eating. 

lilmommah21
by Member on Jan. 5, 2009 at 9:13 AM

Quoting tigerlily08:

Other than fast food resturants Habersham doesn't have a many options when it comes to eating. 

They actually just opened up a Longhorns right across the street from lowes... I have been there once and their food is really good.  and there is talk that they are building another resturant. I forgot the name of it though..

SweetnSerene
by Member on Jan. 5, 2009 at 9:53 AM

Quoting lilmommah21:

Quoting tigerlily08:

Other than fast food resturants Habersham doesn't have a many options when it comes to eating. 

They actually just opened up a Longhorns right across the street from lowes... I have been there once and their food is really good.  and there is talk that they are building another resturant. I forgot the name of it though..

hehe if they can get it past the big wigs of Habersham =o)   They don't want this area growing anymore than it has to but now that Longhorn's is here, I'll bet we'll start seeing more restraurants...they won't give up so easily anymore. Maybe Ruby Tuesdays or Chili's will try again....YUM!

Another good restaraunt is The Attic on the square in Clarkesville...OMG it's so good!!  A little pricey but you get a BIG amount of food.  And Zanzo's is a nice Italian restraurant...not over priced or anything.  It's also on the square.  Haven't tried the new mexican restraurant or The Copper Pot yet.....

And if you go to Longhorn's, I'm warning ya, DON'T EAT THE FRIED CHEESECAKE!!!  OMG that stuff was unedible when hubby and I went there =o(....though they said they were going to take it off the menu....

tigerlily08
by on Jan. 8, 2009 at 3:56 PM

Yeah, I saw that longhorns opened up but we haven't went there yet. I heard the Attic is good but my husband refuses to go there because that is where there use to store caskets for the funeral home and it isn't a pleasant thought to eat there. Zanzo's is good. Pueblo's the new mexican resturant is almost exactly like El Campino's. I haven't tried the Cotter Pot yet though.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)