Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Negativity

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 6:48 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 363 Total Views
I just read someone's post in this crazy world called Cafemom. It was so angry and depressing and self-loathing...

I guess I get negative too.

The other day my dh and I were talking about what roles we play. For instance, I usually take the bag out of the garbage can and put the bag by the door. He brings it out back. Sometimes I think, "why can't he just empty the garbage can before I get to it?" But when he brought that example up and told me how great he thinks it is...because it's a system that we've built together, I felt so down! Why do I get negative for no reason?

I guess I'm wondering what I can do to not get to that point. I'm not perfect and sometimes I become so negative that I start to remind myself of my mother. (You don't know her, but if you did...) What helps you refrain from negativity?
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 6:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
GOBryan
by on Aug. 4, 2007 at 8:59 PM
UNIVERSAL RULE OF POSITIVE THINKING.. THERE'S GOOD AND BAD IN EVERYTHING AND DEPENDING HOW YOU WANT TO LOOK AT THINGS, WILL DETERMINE YOUR MIND SET AND FEELINGS...

THIS IS SUCH A NEGATIVE PLANE THAT WE ARE AUTOMATICALLY PROGRAMMED, FROM BIRTH, TO LOOK AT THE NEGATIVE... SO IT'S HARD TO KEEP A CONSISTENT POSITIVE ATTITUDE, BUT ONCE YOU MAKE THE EFFORT, ON A REGULAR BASIS, TO LOOK AT THE UP SIDE OF THINGS, IT WILL BEGIN TO BECOME EASIER..

FOR EXAMPLE: IF IT'S A RAINY DAY AND YOU HAD PLANNED TO GO TO THE BEACH THE FOLLOWING NIGHT... YOU WOULD PROBABLY WAKE UP AND SAY "DAMN! OUR DAY IS RUINED."  I WOULD SAY "THE BEACH IS OUT BUT THIS IS OUR OPPORTUNITY TO JUST LAY IN BED AND CUDDLE TOGETHER."  IT'S SIMPLY A MATTER OF HOW YOU LOOK AT LIFE..

REGULAR MEDITATION ALSO HELPS KEEP ME BALANCED AND HARMONIOUS..

Namaste' ...  Georgina 

nicmom
by New Member on Aug. 7, 2007 at 3:48 PM
One of the things that helps me restrain my negative side is just taking a moment to think about my anger or negative emotion.  How much does it really mean to me? I also get annoyed with my husband, lol  but I try not to get upset over the same things over and over. That repetitive action lets me know I need to stop and think of my emotions.   :)

***Nicole****

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)