Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

teacher gifts

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 6:59 AM
  • 6 Replies

I know I am thinking about this way early.. but..What do you all do about teacher gifts.

We always have gotten a gift for the teacher. But now with my oldest in middle school, she went from 2 teachers to 7!!!!

That breaks our teacher budjet.

What do you middle school moms do?confused

by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 6:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
PinkLight
by on Oct. 13, 2009 at 9:15 AM

Even though my son is in middle school, he has always had a lot of services with speech, resources center and such, so we had lots of teachers. I have my own store, (Mary Kay) so it's easy for me. That being said, you could get more creative with your gifts. The dollar store often has some great holiday mugs. You could buy a flavored coffee or hot cocoa, candy cane and maybe put a poem about teachers in the mug. Then go to a fabric store and buy some net tulle and ribbon. Tulle comes in many colors so you can coordinate it to the mugs and it's cheap--about $2 a yard. In MK we call these coffee and cream and we add a hand cream or shave cream depending on the gender. If you skip the hand cream, I'll bet you get by with about $3 or $4 a gift. Hope this helps.

Twinmom12
by on Oct. 14, 2009 at 7:22 AM

Teachers gifts stopped when they entered middle school - to many teachers

Cindy18
by on Oct. 14, 2009 at 8:07 AM

Quoting Twinmom12:

Teachers gifts stopped when they entered middle school - to many teachers

We stopped them in Middle School, too. Also, it's not cool to give the teacher gifts. I have given some special teachers that have gone above and beyond a gift at the end of the year.

cruiser4
by on Oct. 14, 2009 at 11:49 AM

I agree with PPs,  too many teachers to buy gift for in Middle School.

Zaylah
by on Oct. 17, 2009 at 5:01 PM

DS will get his teacher and principal a gift (he's in 4th grade). DD is in Middle school and will only get one of her teachers a gift. Her other  teachers have burned out, have no patience, need to try a different career or retire.

Barabell
by on Oct. 22, 2009 at 10:54 AM

I usually try to stick to nonperishable food items as a gift for teachers.  I figure they get so many mugs and "for teacher" gifts over the years that I don't want to overload them with more.  I figure the food will get eaten eventually or used for their own holiday gatherings.  Usually my son has an idea of what kind of food his teachers might like.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)