Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Bus, walk, or drive?

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 10:04 AM
  • 13 Replies

Does your child/children ride the bus to school, walk, or do you drive them?

I drive Nathan to school in the morning and he rides the bus home after school.

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 10:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
roudybunch
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 10:29 AM

I drive my kids!

Earth-Angel
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:11 PM

My son walks to and from. 

nelopyma
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:55 PM

Both my kids are still at the same elementary school, and we're in the walk zone.  It's about a 1/2 mile, though, so I drive them, especially when the weather turns bad.  When it's warm, I'll walk over to the school and walk them home, otherwise, I pick them up.

The 11 year old will ride the bus to middle school next year.

Dawne98
by on Nov. 14, 2009 at 10:23 PM

I walk my dd no matter what the weather is...lol we live in NYC the school is about a 10 min walk are so...it is so much fun in the rain and wind and snow..lol

seashore29
by on Nov. 15, 2009 at 10:43 PM

I work 7-3  so my dad takes the kids to school for me and on my days off i take them and pick them up. By the way i like your sons name because i have a son named Nathan too.

emilyrosenj
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 7:08 AM

My son gets picked up and dropped off right in front of our house.  He attends our districts arts high school so all of the kids get picked up at home. I drive my daughter both ways.

lneeson
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 7:37 AM

My kids are both in middle school 6th and 8th grade, they both take the bus together. We are not in walking distance from the school :)

PinkLight
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 9:37 AM

It depends on the day. On M,W & F am, I drive him because we have morning ice (he's a figure skater and I skate too). On T, TH he takes the bus in am. Most evenings he rides the bus unless my dh or I pick him up for something. We live about 5 miles from his middle school.

Treece2000
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 10:10 AM

I drive them normally but if I have to work late then they take the bus home.  It's way too far for them to walk unfortunately.

Sarlinda
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 10:41 AM

We drive our girls to and from school.

Sarlinda

american flag ribbon

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)