Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What will you remember most of the year 2009?

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 7:56 PM
  • 4 Replies

I can't wait to see what everyone says!

I will remember Barack Obama taking office at the begining of the year. Most of all I will remember this year as the year my first granddaughter was born. Oh, she is my heart!! My oldest son, Dan's baby with his gf Sondra!! It has been so enjoyable playing with her and watching all her firsts as the grandmother,not the mother doing all the work! lol

I had 2 boys so a girl is so cool to me!! ~my world has turned pink!

by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 7:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
alwaysunsure
by on Dec. 2, 2009 at 12:48 PM

Hmmm... maybe not all celebrated, some tough stuff but all memorable: My daught telling me she likes girls and had her first girlfriend. Watching my nephew be born, I never actually witnessed that miracle before. My sons first year of playing football. Oh and it was the 1st year in my 1st home.

- alwaysunsure

Barabell
by on Dec. 2, 2009 at 3:49 PM

I will remember going to my cousin's wedding. 

I will remember that my son started 4th grade saying that he was going to go all year without any calls to me from the office.  So far he's succeeding my expectations.  I'm so proud of how well he is doing in school this year.

Cinoya
by on Dec. 2, 2009 at 4:47 PM

Well in 2009 I celebrated the one year anniversary of my divorce, started back to school to finish a second bachelors degree, and bought a home.  My son's basketball team one the 4th grade state tournament in a nail biting experience.  It was definitely overall a great year!  2010 is going to be even better I hope!  I'll be celebrating the new year in Mexico while studying abroad for 3 weeks finishing up my last semester of Spanish!

Exciting times!!!

PinkLight
by on Dec. 3, 2009 at 9:09 AM

President Obama taking office was exciting and I felt a lot of hope for our future. It was also a year of anxiety because of my ds ending 5th grade and beginning middle school. Mostly,it's been the year of fixing his school experience. We found an excellent tutor over the summer and he made great strides. I hired an advocate for his IEP and what a different experience that has been. For the first time in his short life, my ds is taking pride and responsibility for his homework. We have no behavior problems this year and he is doing great. So this year has been about him. This year has also marked a very important decision to begin the process of getting the younger brother of my ds who is not quite 4. It has that same feeling of jumping off a cliff.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)