Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New Girl Here

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:02 PM
  • 11 Replies

Hi,

I am new to the group, and new to this "tween" stage in my child's life! My sons attitude changed almost as if we flipped a switch. He just turned 10, and now he is being rudeto his younger sibblings, slaming doors, and pouting. Is this normal behavior, and is it normal to start so early?

by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SweetMama823
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:40 PM

Welcome to the group!! I too have a 10yrs old son who is acting like yours. AAhh what to do??

proud-mother-four-kids.gifpreemie-prince.giftexas.gifi-love-my-boys.pngmommy-to-a-pretty-princess.png

PinkDixieLove
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:14 PM

I hate that he feels so upset, My heart breaks for him b/c I know it's hard. I just don't know how to handle him so I just listen to him and give hugs when I can! boy kissing mom

BlueDolphin527
by on Jan. 19, 2010 at 2:05 PM

Oh, I understand!  My son just turned 11 in October, but he has been that way too.  He and my daughter were so close when they were younger.  Played together all the time, but since he started middle school hes been meaner.  He says that hes just playing around, but it makes her sad and when I do see it, it is mean.  Ive been talking to him about it and just trying to be on him about it, but I dont know what to do either.  Over winter break, everything was good, then they went back to school.  Sure enough, end of last week it started again.  The endless fighting over nothing!  Will it ever stop?!  Im not sure what to do either, but I understand your pain.

shell81
by on Jan. 19, 2010 at 8:24 PM

My son is 10 and I know what you mean. It's like they grow up so much faster with their attitudes now. 

Shell
Group Owner To -
Moms With Blended Families   
& 
Tween Titans
& Big Kids CafeMom Scout

bigmama224
by on Jan. 19, 2010 at 9:36 PM

I have a 11 year old daughter but I know that I am not having the same problems that you all is having because we check on her friends and make sure that they are good for her and is she is changing then we make her change her friends and too my housband is a ex- marine.

Bigmama224
NICNLV
by on Jan. 20, 2010 at 2:46 AM

Welcome, I am new too!

My 10 yr old daughter is going on 16 I swear!

Hormones, hormones, hormones! lol

And it's all just starting <sigh>

wolfgirlbec
by on Jan. 20, 2010 at 7:22 PM

Quoting NICNLV:

Welcome, I am new too!

My 10 yr old daughter is going on 16 I swear!

Hormones, hormones, hormones! lol

And it's all just starting

Yep! I have a 9 y.o daughter who is the same exact way! Hormonal to the max! LOL!

mnmsmom2010
by on Jan. 21, 2010 at 12:54 PM

I have a 10 yo daughter who acts the same way.  Wise beyond her years, but refuses to be treated like a 10 yo or "act" like one.  I don't know how to talk to her, all she does is YELL

Texan1993
by on Jan. 23, 2010 at 7:11 PM

Hi! Welcome to the group! My name is Debbie and I am a single, stay at home mom with a teenage girl! While, I can't be of much help since I have a girl and not a boy but it sounds like your doing everything right. Just keep it up and continue to be there for him as he goes through this tough transition in his life. Remeber this too shall pass! 

mdommer
by on Jan. 24, 2010 at 3:04 AM

I am new to this group also. I have a 10 girl that has been acting like that too.... i hope if its a phase it passes SOON! i dont think i can take much more door slamming & stomping, She also picks fights with her 8 yr brother & 3yr sister, I have tried to talk to her about her attitude but sh ejust glares at me. she is a gifted child & seems to think she is smarter than everyone in the house. any suggestions?

shrugging

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)