Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 8:05 AM
  • 4 Replies

Hi I have a 13 yr old girl and she has this additude that is very bad see when i am not home she locks her brother and her sister out of the house just cause she wants to watch tv and they keep coming in and then she cusses at them and there friend my mom watches them and she cant do anything about it she is disable with m.s. and she has tryed but my daughter will just fight with her how do i get to be a liite nicer to her grandmother and her sibiling. and the bad thing is that she just got back from a weekend doing things with our church. You would think that she would be more christ like after that weekend what do i do

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 8:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Texan1993
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 6:09 PM

Ground her from the tv and phone if she can't be more respectful to all adults and her siblings. Talk to her and tell her how you feel and the rules and that you did not raise her to be a rude kid. And tell her if she finds out that she continues to lock her siblings out of the hosue and continues to be rude to her grandmother or babysitter or whoever watches  them while your at work then she will NOT be able to watch tv at all! You have got to nip it in the butt right now before she gets totally out of hand. Goodluck! Just remember this too shall pass.

shell81
by on Jan. 29, 2010 at 12:27 AM

Quoting Texan1993:

Ground her from the tv and phone if she can't be more respectful to all adults and her siblings. Talk to her and tell her how you feel and the rules and that you did not raise her to be a rude kid. And tell her if she finds out that she continues to lock her siblings out of the hosue and continues to be rude to her grandmother or babysitter or whoever watches  them while your at work then she will NOT be able to watch tv at all! You have got to nip it in the butt right now before she gets totally out of hand. Goodluck! Just remember this too shall pass.

I agree and is there anyone else that can watch them cause that situation is not working she knows your mom can't fully watch them right so she is going to keep doing it.

litl_mama
by on Jan. 29, 2010 at 3:51 PM

I agree as long as she knows her grandma can't do anything about it then she'll keep on doing it.  I would say yes ground her from the tv but I am worried that she will just turn it on anyways if she won't listen in the first place.  She needs someone who can make her stick with the punishment that you decide on. 

PinkLight
by on Jan. 30, 2010 at 7:47 AM

I think it was in "love and Logic" they talked about getting "Mable, the babbysitter from hell." You'd probably only have to do it once. I would have grandma there, and when your daughter does her usual, grandma can call "mable" and she comes in and your daughter spends the rest of her evening in her room with no entertainment. Consequences and boundaries are what she needs and wants.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)