• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 year ago

Posted by on May. 2, 2010 at 12:49 PM
  • 2 Replies

Are you closer to your tween today than you were 1 year ago or not?

by on May. 2, 2010 at 12:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
kazamom
by on May. 3, 2010 at 8:36 AM

Its hard to say...my dd and I have always had a open honest relationship. I have noticed she isn't as talkative unless I am asking her questions about "boys". Then she doesn't shut up. I think as our tweens get closer to teens we need new material that they are intersted in to talk about with them. My daughter hates surprises so whenever we want to do something I have to tell her what it is or its more of a war than worth the the surprise. She is really into music and particularly "Justin Beiber" right now. So I do my best to research what he's doing and when we have our time together I bring up news about him. Sometime its new to her, most times she knows already. I just play dumb and let her tell me whats going on, even though I already know. Kinda sneaky, but it gets her talking and sometimes I can use those moments as a teachable moment, sometimes shes too smart for her own good.

busy mom" I believe that things in life happen for a reason, we may not know why it does at the time but eventually we find out."

Michele-w3
by on May. 3, 2010 at 8:43 AM

I am very close to my tween.  I'm really close to all my kids.  My dd talks to me about everything that happens in school and in her life.  I've always told mykids that no matter what they talk to me about, I will not get mad or punish them.  As long as they talk to me about it first.  So far, it's worked out great.  My ds, who is almost 14 has come to me with some pretty big things over the past year. 

As they get older, it's important to keep the lines of communication open.  They all know I will drop anything if they need to talk about something important.  I will not laugh, make fun, or yell at them. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)