Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

For those of you who have a facebook account...

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 2:19 AM
  • 7 Replies

I created a group called "Take the "sleeze" out of young girls and tweens clothing"

I have created this group in hopes that I will get quite a large number of members who support the cause. When the number gets large enough I am going to compose a letter to send to manufacturers and retailers and I am going to add the web address of the group.

I want to show these manafacturers that there are many parents out there who would love to see modesty in young girls clothing make a come back.

I started this group after a day out shopping with my daughter (12). We were looking for shorts. This turned into quite an adventure for us. We went to a number of stores and left empty handed. I could have walked out with a ton of shorts, if I wanted them to expose my daughters butt cheeks. Not only do I see this with shorts, but jeans, extremely low cut tops, bathing suits and heck they even sell thongs for these young girls.

IMO, it is getting to be too much. Enough is enough already. I realize some people may think this will fall upon "deaf ears". However I figured I would rather do something about it other than complain.

So ladies if you agree with me and have a face book account. Please join the group and spread the word to your friends and family.

There is power in numbers!

by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 2:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
shell81
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 4:27 PM

Can you post a link to it.

I agree with you every time I walk past the girls section the shorts just keep getting shorter, same with the shirts.

Wyldbutterfly
by on Jun. 4, 2010 at 7:58 AM

Shell thank you. I seem to have a hard time posting links with Firefox. I switch ocer to IE and Cafemom is slow to load for me.

Dawnness
by on Jun. 5, 2010 at 4:45 AM

I joined.

Now if adults would just quit encouraging or supporting their kids listening to rap that promotes skimpy clothing, sex, mistreatment of women, drugs, etc...than maybe these lil girls would be less inclined to want such clothes...ugh.

Wyldbutterfly
by on Jun. 5, 2010 at 6:51 AM

Quoting Dawnness:

I joined.

Now if adults would just quit encouraging or supporting their kids listening to rap that promotes skimpy clothing, sex, mistreatment of women, drugs, etc...than maybe these lil girls would be less inclined to want such clothes...ugh.

I don't care for rap myself. However, there is plenty of music out there that encourages this. Add to that the media and society. It's no wonder so many people are desenitized.

momsped
by on Jun. 5, 2010 at 1:40 PM

I am with you.  My daughter is short and has a rather full figure.  My older dd who is 17 refuses to wear short shorts.  In fact she would rather go to the boys section and buy basketball shorts and t-shirts.  There was even a time when we bought boy jeans because they were a better fit.  I think clothing manufacturers must think all tweens and teens are tall and skinny.  Don't even get me started on shirts being too low cut. 

Dawnness
by on Jun. 5, 2010 at 6:00 PM

It's like that for all women's clothes....no matter the age. It's like they think us females are built the same and all want the same things.  Jeez.

When I was growing up I wore a lot of boy pants & shorts...not because of the what the current fad was (the 80's, dude!!)...but because I was sooo skinny...a walking dried string.  My mom had to measure my waist and inseams than go to mostly 2nd hand stores to find bottoms for me.

Quoting momsped:

I am with you.  My daughter is short and has a rather full figure.  My older dd who is 17 refuses to wear short shorts.  In fact she would rather go to the boys section and buy basketball shorts and t-shirts.  There was even a time when we bought boy jeans because they were a better fit.  I think clothing manufacturers must think all tweens and teens are tall and skinny.  Don't even get me started on shirts being too low cut. 

Wife to Scott, Mommy to Jander, & TTC #2 
in loveboy kissing momttc

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)