Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

changes in boys

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 2:24 PM
  • 12 Replies

so i just found out that my 9 yrold is changing. My 11 yr old told us when he changed, but my 11 yr old said nothing. I didnt find out till we went to his annual check up and the dr checked him. She said anything before 10 is usually a concern, but his birthday is in July so she wasnt going to worry over it. My 11 yr old is having acne problems, and I have heard his voice crack a little. I just feel like they are growing up so fast.

CafeMom Tickers
CafeMom Tickers
CafeMom Tickers
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 2:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Zaylah
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 7:14 PM

what kind of "changes" has he gone through? My ds is 10 and I havn't seen much changes. 

mommasbois
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 1:19 PM

hair on his male area

CafeMom Tickers
CafeMom Tickers
CafeMom Tickers
Zaylah
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 5:31 PM

Quoting mommasbois:

hair on his male area

ohhhh ok

momof4kids257
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 5:44 PM

with my kids the voice change was very nonexistent until they got over 18 yrs.. you heard the squeaks every now and again...but with each change they all went through....I cry...needless to say lately...I'm niagra falls...laughing

SNKMama
by on Jun. 29, 2010 at 10:20 AM

I have come to the realization that later puberty is a blessing.  My 13 1/2 year old has not started puberty yet, no pubic hair, development, etc. I was mroe concerned than he was. You may consider talking to the dr to see if it can be slowed down.

Carrie_
by on Jun. 29, 2010 at 12:55 PM

My son is 12 and has had to wear deodorant since he was 8, has had a mustache since he was 9, and hairy armpits & genitals since he was 10. His voice has gotten deeper but no cracking or anything yet. One of my son's friends who was 11 at the time, hadn't been over in a few months. The last time I had seen him he was not quite my height. He came over and was a few inches taller than me and had a deeper voice than my husband's. It's odd how quickly things can change.

onlinemediasupp
by on Jun. 30, 2010 at 7:48 PM

Yes, it is happening for most children too (subjective) early. My 12yo son has definite upper lip shadow and I'm sure there are more changes but he has always been VERY private. I reckon he'll be my height by Xmas (5'10"). At least half his soccer team (similar ages) are similarly growing / changing.

~~~~~~~~

Dawnness
by on Jun. 30, 2010 at 10:01 PM

my son's 11y ...haven't noticed any changes yet

Anghellzwoman
by on Jul. 1, 2010 at 10:36 PM

My 12 year old had armpit hair at 9 his mustache at 10 and his voice started changing this year.  We measured him last week and he is 5'5<sigh>  My baby is gone

PinkLight
by on Jul. 2, 2010 at 9:32 AM

My son began at 10 1/2, however, he has an endocrine condition that usually causes early puberty. He is 12 and is getting armpit hair and even chest hair. He has been shaving a mustache for 2 years now. The only thing I'm not seeing is a beard. Emotionally, he's more like a 9 yr old. It's been fun!

I think all the hormones in dairy and meat products are partly responsible for typical kids going through puberty so soon. When I was young, the boys were more like 14 and 15 when they started. I can remember going to my 5  yr reunion and being amazed at how much the boys had changed between 18 and 23 years old.

To the mom that mentioned having the doctor stop puberty--they won't do it most likely. My son is seen by a pediatric endocrinologist and she said that even though 10 was young, it was on the early side of "normal" and that she couldn't do anything. I would be concerned about trying to stop it.

As far as teen acne, my son doesn't have any even though his birth mother and older brother had horrible skin. He eats a healthy diet without any sodas or additives and mostly organic. I also use Velocity facial cleanser and acne treatment gel (both Mary Kay products). He rarely gets a single zit.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)